HFM.NET - Monitoring Application for Folding@Home v7

This forum contains information about 3rd party applications which may be of use to those who run the FAH client and one place where you might be able to get help when using one of those apps.

Moderator: Site Moderators

bollix47

Re: HFM.NET - Monitoring Application for Folding@Home v6/v7

Post by bollix47 »

I did see the same problem some time ago. IIRC I renamed the ProjectInfo.tab file:

Open HFM and click on Help ... View Data Files

Close HFM

Right click on ProjectInfo.tab file and select Rename ... change it to whatever you like

Open HFM and try to Download Projects under Tools again

Also, make sure the download url under preferences > web settings has:

http://assign.stanford.edu/api/project/summary
JimF

Post by JimF »

Thanks very much. I could not find the ProjectInfo.tab file anywhere on my PC - maybe that is from an older version of HFM.NET?

But I used the "http://assign.stanford.edu/api/project/summary" download location, and it works like a charm. I am back in business.

EDIT: I thought the correct download location would be included in the latest version of HFM.NET, but apparently not.
Or maybe it picked up the wrong one from an old configuration file?
harlam357

Post by harlam357 »

New Version: 0.9.9 - Revision 789 - Project Site - Download

Change: Log viewer and message viewer font changed to Consolas 10pt. The mono-space font makes reading the log much better on the eyes.

Change: Auto updates source location. HFM will auto update from v0.9.8 for a short time. But it will begin to fail soon. I've maintained some paid web hosting over the years that I intended to do more with. At this point I've decided to cut my losses there as there are many more options now. The new update location should do well for the foreseeable future.

Change: Lots of things behind the scenes. I won't bore you with the details. These are all things I've been working on for the last few years, as time has allowed, to make the application leaner and meaner. Again, users won't really care, unless I created a bug.

Notes: I hope those of you using the project enjoy. If you have an issue please post in the Google Group or add a new Issue here on GitHub. I'll do my best to respond as quickly as possible. I'm working my way through the Issues here on GitHub to clean them up, some of them are very old and were imported from Google Code.

---

Need help with HFM? Have a feature request? Please join the discussions. Post in the HFM Google Group.

http://groups.google.com/group/hfm-net
rhavern

Post by rhavern »

Installed fine, generates html fine, will observe. :thumbs up:
Folding since 1 WU=1 point
ImageImage
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

As reported by Adanorm, XML export is broken in this version : https://github.com/harlam357/hfm-net/issues/300 :(

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
harlam357

Post by harlam357 »

Thanks rhavern! Please keep me posted.

toTOW - Adanrom has fixes to his php application to align with the updated xml. If that's the application you're using, please let me know if that is or is not working for you. If that's not the application you're using, please provide more info and I'll do my best to get you what you need.
harlam357

Post by harlam357 »

New Version: 0.9.10 - Revision 811 - Project Site - Download

- Fix: Don't allow config.xml read errors to stop HFM from loading. Load default values if this situation occurs.
- Fix (Issue 300): Web Generation - include ClientVersion, TotalRunCompletedUnits, TotalCompletedUnits, TotalRunFailedUnits, and TotalFailedUnits in SlotData structure in web xml data.
- Fix: Web Generation - format production (PPD, UPD, Credit) numbers that were not being formatted according to the user preferences.

- Change: UI - failed unit count now toggles between "current run" and "total" just like completed unit count.
- Change: v7 client interface - allowing CPU and OS values from v7 client to fully flow into the queue viewer. Was previously doing some checks and parsing on this data which required code updates for each new CPU or OS. This could result in some failed detections when the application isn't updated to detect a new CPU or OS. That's too much maintenance, so the values reported by the client are now used verbatim.

---

Need help with HFM? Have a feature request? Please join the discussions. Post in the HFM Google Group.

http://groups.google.com/group/hfm-net
rhavern

Post by rhavern »

Installed r811, all looks fine so far.
Folding since 1 WU=1 point
ImageImage
ProDigit

Post by ProDigit »

How much bandwidth does it use?
I like the idea of a monitoring app, but would prefer to only get results when triggered remotely.
I've seen some apps using hundreds of kbits of network data, to stream the client's status.
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

Thanks for the quick update harlam357 ! :)

I've noticed a couple of instabilities of HFM when a client (I think it started with v7.5.1) is monitored over the network and disconnects, but I don't have an exact reproduction case. If you want to try to reproduce the issue, add a remote client to HFM (another machine on the same network), then, while it's working fine, go on the remote machine and exit the client (right client on tray icon, exit). This sometimes causes HFM to crash.

bruce

Post by bruce »

I still want you to add a new feature, do track the thread-count for CPU clients. If I configure more than one CPU slot, all the data is combined in the reports, whether or not they have have the same number of CPU threads. e.g.- If I have 7 available CPU threads, I'm very likely to configure a CPU:3 and a CPU:4 slot but there's only one summary presented even though the PPD (etc) are different.
DocJonz
Hardware configuration: Folding with: 4x RTX 4070Ti, 1x RTX 3070

Post by DocJonz »

toTOW wrote:I've noticed a couple of instabilities of HFM when a client (I think it started with v7.5.1) is monitored over the network and disconnects, but I don't have an exact reproduction case. If you want to try to reproduce the issue, add a remote client to HFM (another machine on the same network), then, while it's working fine, go on the remote machine and exit the client (right client on tray icon, exit). This sometimes causes HFM to crash.
I've had the same issue. Also, if I restart the Folding rigs, then the PC(s) which monitor them with HFM.net will crash the HFM.net program.
Folding Stats (HFM.NET): DocJonz Folding Farm Stats
MeeLee

Post by MeeLee »

It would probably be cool if an app or program could be created, where the text information of the log sent over the network, was received by that program (or client) and will be interpreted.

I think such a program wouldn't be very hard to make; though issue with that is that such a program would probably not instantly display if a card failed or is inactive, until a log update hasn't been received for quite some time (eg: 5-10 minutes)..

A 'FAH log interpreter', that converts log text data into perhaps some graphs of some sort...
Log data in compressed text format, shouldn't use much bandwidth at all. Probably in the order of a few tenths of a kbyte per second; especially if the log was sent out in packages every few seconds.
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

Something like this : http://fahmon.fleucorp.fr/ ?

MeeLee

Post by MeeLee »

toTOW wrote:Something like this : http://fahmon.fleucorp.fr/ ?
Awesome!
What's the name, and current bandwidth usage?