HFM.NET - Monitoring Application for Folding@Home v7

This forum contains information about 3rd party applications which may be of use to those who run the FAH client and one place where you might be able to get help when using one of those apps.

Moderator: Site Moderators

mmonnin

Re: HFM.NET - Monitoring Application for Folding@Home v6/v7

Post by mmonnin »

There is a WU History Viewer. Is that what you are looking for? Ctrl + H in HFM.
PantherX
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: V7.6.21 -> Multi-purpose 24/7
Windows 10 64-bit
CPU:2/3/4/6 -> Intel i7-6700K
GPU:1 -> Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
§
Retired:
2x Nvidia GTX 1070
Nvidia GTX 675M
Nvidia GTX 660 Ti
Nvidia GTX 650 SC
Nvidia GTX 260 896 MB SOC
Nvidia 9600GT 1 GB OC
Nvidia 9500M GS
Nvidia 8800GTS 320 MB

Intel Core i7-860
Intel Core i7-3840QM
Intel i3-3240
Intel Core 2 Duo E8200
Intel Core 2 Duo E6550
Intel Core 2 Duo T8300
Intel Pentium E5500
Intel Pentium E5400

Post by PantherX »

What mmonnin says is correct. However, you will have to wait for at least 1 WU to finish before it can show up in HFM.NET and its Work Unit History.
ETA:
Now ↞ Very Soon ↔ Soon ↔ Soon-ish ↔ Not Soon ↠ End Of Time

Welcome To The F@H Support Forum Ӂ Troubleshooting Bad WUs Ӂ Troubleshooting Server Connectivity Issues
shunter

Post by shunter »

Thanks - I'd forgotten about the Viewer (Ctrl + H) which is giving me enough detail for ther moment; and I'm getting the hang of the new combined log in F@Hv7 What I was used to was the Show/Hide Log/Queue Viewer using F8 key in HFM which only works for the current unit now and does not show any history - which is a shame.
Once I get the more familiar with F@H v7 I suppose I'd better move my other pcs over to it but don't understand the setting up yet.
Thank for the help,

bruce

Post by bruce »

shunter wrote:Thanks - I'd forgotten about the Viewer (Ctrl + H) which is giving me enough detail for ther moment; and I'm getting the hang of the new combined log in F@Hv7 What I was used to was the Show/Hide Log/Queue Viewer using F8 key in HFM which only works for the current unit now and does not show any history - which is a shame.
Once I get the more familiar with F@H v7 I suppose I'd better move my other pcs over to it but don't understand the setting up yet.
Thank for the help.
For those who are unfamiliar with all the complexities of V7, the new V7 client that came out today has a Web set up that is MUCH easier. If you later choose to change an obscure setting or two, that's still possible with the Advanced Control program but that can easily be postponed.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

bruce wrote:
shunter wrote:Thanks - I'd forgotten about the Viewer (Ctrl + H) which is giving me enough detail for ther moment; and I'm getting the hang of the new combined log in F@Hv7 What I was used to was the Show/Hide Log/Queue Viewer using F8 key in HFM which only works for the current unit now and does not show any history - which is a shame.
Thank for the help.
For those who are unfamiliar with all the complexities of V7, the new V7 client that came out today has a Web set up that is MUCH easier. If you later choose to change an obscure setting or two, that's still possible with the Advanced Control program but that can easily be postponed.
Advanced Control program, AKA FAHControl. Not sure why the naming isn't consistent... :(
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
rhavern

Post by rhavern »

It appears that something has changed in 7.3.2, as all my GPUs are showing up in HFM as client type "Uniprocessor". The core in use is still correctly identified as "OPENMMGPU (2.25)".
Folding since 1 WU=1 point
ImageImage
calxalot
Site Moderator

Post by calxalot »

Slot types smp and uniprocessor have been combined into slot type cpu.
HFM will need to be updated.
DrBB1

Post by DrBB1 »

I had reported problems with my Work Unit History file awhile back (http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 20#p228862) and I now have additional information that may explain the problem. I compared the WU History with my F@H log file reports of starting and ending WUs.

The time reported in the FAH is UTC-0. My home time zone is US Eastern time (UTC-5), so all times in the FAH log are 5 hours ahead of local time. The FAH log reports start and completion times accurately. The WU History Viewer also reports start time as UTC-0; however, it reports completion time as UTC-5, Eastern time, so completion time in the WU History Viewer is five hours earlier than the completion time recorded in the FAH log. In other words, if I add five hours to the completion time reported in the WU History, completion times match up with the FAH log. Start times always match up with no conversion needed.

@harlan357--is there an obvious reason why start and completion times are reported differently in the Work Unit History Viewer? Also is the inconsistency in the database or just the queries that result in the viewer reports? Anyway, I hope this helps solve the problem. Since I believe only one other person has mentioned it, I wonder if the problem is idiosyncratic to me? I have downloaded 595 several times and reinstalled it on two PCs with the same results. :e?: Best wishes.
========
DrBB1
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

HFM doesn't like the new beta core for GPUs (core 17) : TPF, PPD, ETA and Core type are missing :(

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
compdewd
Hardware configuration: [1] Debian 8 64-bit: EVGA NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti, MSI NVIDIA GTX 460, AMD FX-8120
[2] Windows 7 64-bit: MSI NVIDIA GTX 460, AMD Phenom II X4

Post by compdewd »

DrBB1 wrote:I had reported problems with my Work Unit History file awhile back (http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 20#p228862) and I now have additional information that may explain the problem. I compared the WU History with my F@H log file reports of starting and ending WUs.

The time reported in the FAH is UTC-0. My home time zone is US Eastern time (UTC-5), so all times in the FAH log are 5 hours ahead of local time. The FAH log reports start and completion times accurately. The WU History Viewer also reports start time as UTC-0; however, it reports completion time as UTC-5, Eastern time, so completion time in the WU History Viewer is five hours earlier than the completion time recorded in the FAH log. In other words, if I add five hours to the completion time reported in the WU History, completion times match up with the FAH log. Start times always match up with no conversion needed.

@harlan357--is there an obvious reason why start and completion times are reported differently in the Work Unit History Viewer? Also is the inconsistency in the database or just the queries that result in the viewer reports? Anyway, I hope this helps solve the problem. Since I believe only one other person has mentioned it, I wonder if the problem is idiosyncratic to me? I have downloaded 595 several times and reinstalled it on two PCs with the same results. :e?: Best wishes.
Go into Edit -> Preferences -> and uncheck "Allow Asynchronous Clocks" and see if that fixes it. HFM.NET may get one set of times from FAH and one from your computer clock which may be the reason the times are skewed. It's just a guess; I don't know if that will fix it, but it may be worth a try.
DrBB1

Post by DrBB1 »

Thanks for the suggestion, compdewd. I have done this but will need to wait a couple of days until my next next WU can start. Will report back to share findings.
========
DrBB1
msgclb

Post by msgclb »

I have a problem with HFM not displaying the GPU Core 17 data for TPF, PPD and ETA.
This is true for the HFM on the rig running the client and my main rig.
I'm using http://fah-web.stanford.edu/psummaryC.html for my project download url.

I've seen posts where others are now successfully displaying the core 17 info.
I've completed 20 7662 WUs on my HD 6870 and at least once a day I have ran the Download Projects From Stanford option.
I know this WU is listed in the above url.

After a search I believe this url data is stored in the ProjectInfo.tab file located in the Appdata Roaming HFM folder.
I opened this file and found that the 7662 WU is listed.

I was using the Any CPU v0.9.1 but decided to see if the x86 v0.9.1 would correct my problem.
It didn't.

I would be grateful for any suggestions on how I can get the 7662 project to be correctly displayed on my HFMs.

Thanks.
PantherX
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: V7.6.21 -> Multi-purpose 24/7
Windows 10 64-bit
CPU:2/3/4/6 -> Intel i7-6700K
GPU:1 -> Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
§
Retired:
2x Nvidia GTX 1070
Nvidia GTX 675M
Nvidia GTX 660 Ti
Nvidia GTX 650 SC
Nvidia GTX 260 896 MB SOC
Nvidia 9600GT 1 GB OC
Nvidia 9500M GS
Nvidia 8800GTS 320 MB

Intel Core i7-860
Intel Core i7-3840QM
Intel i3-3240
Intel Core 2 Duo E8200
Intel Core 2 Duo E6550
Intel Core 2 Duo T8300
Intel Pentium E5500
Intel Pentium E5400

Post by PantherX »

Please note that you can change it by doing the following:
Edit -> Preferences -> Options:
Calculate PPD Based on: Effective Rate

Do note that while the information appears correctly, the PPD, TPF, etc isn't stored in the WU History (at least on my system).
ETA:
Now ↞ Very Soon ↔ Soon ↔ Soon-ish ↔ Not Soon ↠ End Of Time

Welcome To The F@H Support Forum Ӂ Troubleshooting Bad WUs Ӂ Troubleshooting Server Connectivity Issues
msgclb

Post by msgclb »

That did the trick!
Thanks.
War

Post by War »

Whats the best way to have 2 or more computers in seperate huses to show in 1 HFM.NET client?
I did try dropbox the logfiles and show on a web brobser, but the files are named the same and only the last synked computer did show.
Pressing F5 and I did se different PPD based on the last computer updateing to dropbox.

Any way to get a remote computer to show up in HFM.NET in the client its selv on a random computer?
I have a static IP on the remote computer if that helps.