HFM.NET - Monitoring Application for Folding@Home v7

This forum contains information about 3rd party applications which may be of use to those who run the FAH client and one place where you might be able to get help when using one of those apps.

Moderator: Site Moderators

harlam357

Re: HFM.NET - Client Monitoring Application for Folding@Home

Post by harlam357 »

See Issue 29: http://code.google.com/p/hfm-net/issues/detail?id=29

This functionality (or really a synopsis there of) is going to supersede the current CompletedUnits.csv file. It will likely have a totally different data store (maybe even SQL Server Express), have its own UI (much like Benchmarks), etc. So please, just be patient. It's coming. I need to make sure I take enough time to design it properly. What I will do is provide a mechanism for users to read in their previous CompletedUnits.csv file, so all the history you've accumulated up to this point will NOT be lost.

@PantherX - regarding the functionality with Adding/Editing clients and Duplicate Names. The dialog exits as expected, that's the way it's coded. However, I agree it would be nice if the user were given a chance to fix the problem. I've made a quick change to handle this in the best way possible under the current architecture. You'll just have to wait for v0.5.1 to be released. Thanks for the suggestion.
PantherX
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: V7.6.21 -> Multi-purpose 24/7
Windows 10 64-bit
CPU:2/3/4/6 -> Intel i7-6700K
GPU:1 -> Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
§
Retired:
2x Nvidia GTX 1070
Nvidia GTX 675M
Nvidia GTX 660 Ti
Nvidia GTX 650 SC
Nvidia GTX 260 896 MB SOC
Nvidia 9600GT 1 GB OC
Nvidia 9500M GS
Nvidia 8800GTS 320 MB

Intel Core i7-860
Intel Core i7-3840QM
Intel i3-3240
Intel Core 2 Duo E8200
Intel Core 2 Duo E6550
Intel Core 2 Duo T8300
Intel Pentium E5500
Intel Pentium E5400

Post by PantherX »

harlam357 wrote:This functionality (or really a synopsis there of) is going to supersede the current CompletedUnits.csv file. It will likely have a totally different data store (maybe even SQL Server Express), have its own UI (much like Benchmarks), etc. So please, just be patient. It's coming. I need to make sure I take enough time to design it properly. What I will do is provide a mechanism for users to read in their previous CompletedUnits.csv file, so all the history you've accumulated up to this point will NOT be lost.
I am looking forward to it :mrgreen: , however, do we need to have some kind of software installed to take advantage of the new system? The reason is I don't have SQL related products on my system :(
ETA:
Now ↞ Very Soon ↔ Soon ↔ Soon-ish ↔ Not Soon ↠ End Of Time

Welcome To The F@H Support Forum Ӂ Troubleshooting Bad WUs Ӂ Troubleshooting Server Connectivity Issues
harlam357

Post by harlam357 »

It's still in the design stages, meaning - in my head, so I'm not sure yet. Using SQL Express is just a possibility.
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

On my monitoring system running Windows XP SP2, I noticed that after the most recent Symantec update, HFM.NET no longer minimizes correctly. After minimizing, it's still running as shown in task manager, but there is no icon in the lower right that I can use to restore it. Has anyone else seen this?
harlam357

Post by harlam357 »

New Version: 0.5.1 - Revision 198 - Beta - Download

If running v0.5.0.180 (or later) you can use Help -> Check for Updates... to obtain the latest version of HFM.

Check the HFM Google Code page for downloads and details on the changes.

---

Need help with HFM? Have a Feature Request? Please Join the Discussions. Post in the HFM Google Group.

http://groups.google.com/group/hfm-net
PantherX
Site Moderator
Windows 10 64-bit
§
Retired:
2x Nvidia GTX 1070
Nvidia GTX 675M
Nvidia GTX 660 Ti
Nvidia GTX 650 SC
Nvidia 9600GT 1 GB OC
Nvidia 9500M GS
Nvidia 8800GTS 320 MB

Intel Core i7-860
Intel Core i7-3840QM
Intel i3-3240
Intel Core 2 Duo E8200
Intel Core 2 Duo E6550
Intel Core 2 Duo T8300
Intel Pentium E5500
Intel Pentium E5400

Post by PantherX »

Just updated using the Check for updates and it automatically update when I exited. No problems at all. really like the Core ID and Core details that you have mentioned.
Thanks
ETA:

Welcome To The F@H Support Forum Ӂ Troubleshooting Bad WUs Ӂ Troubleshooting Server Connectivity Issues
bollix47

Post by bollix47 »

Thanks harlam ... very nice update. :D
ParrLeyne

Post by ParrLeyne »

harlam357 wrote:See Issue 29: http://code.google.com/p/hfm-net/issues/detail?id=29

This functionality (or really a synopsis there of) is going to supersede the current CompletedUnits.csv file. It will likely have a totally different data store (maybe even SQL Server Express), have its own UI (much like Benchmarks), etc.
Please don't use SQL Server Express, its install package and the dependencies are HUGE.

There are plenty of other free SQL engines which are available that you can easily integrate (the FirebirdSQL project is a great choice, it has a full server engine but also has an embedded engine with a very lightweight footprint [less than 1MB]), without having to load SQL Server Express into the mix.
rhavern

Post by rhavern »

Nice work Harlam, the usability tweaks make this program a pleasure to use. Thanks for sticking with it.
Folding since 1 WU=1 point
ImageImage
SantaFe

Post by SantaFe »

Thanks for the update harlam357! :D :D :D

My one Little problem is in Xubuntu Linux running HFM.NET under Mono, under Docking Style. If I choose Both I can click on the little ICON in the system Tray (or the tab on the Task Bar) & HFM.NET opens right up if I minimize it. If I choose System Tray only, it minimizes to the system Tray but won't open again if I click on it. Probably something in Mono that HFM doesn't like I guess. I've set it to both so it's not a big problem, just wondered if anyone else noticed that too. ;)
Aren't you glad you use http://foldingforum.org! Don't you wish Everybody did? :D
PantherX
Site Moderator
Windows 10 64-bit
§
Retired:
2x Nvidia GTX 1070
Nvidia GTX 675M
Nvidia GTX 660 Ti
Nvidia GTX 650 SC
Nvidia 9600GT 1 GB OC
Nvidia 9500M GS
Nvidia 8800GTS 320 MB

Intel Core i7-860
Intel Core i7-3840QM
Intel i3-3240
Intel Core 2 Duo E8200
Intel Core 2 Duo E6550
Intel Core 2 Duo T8300
Intel Pentium E5500
Intel Pentium E5400

Post by PantherX »

Not sure if this is a bug or a fluke accident, I had used -oneunit flag and apparently, in the CompletedUnits, I am missing the following data: (for one record only)
TPF
PPD
I have used -oneunit flags before but this is the first time I have come across this. All the rest of the information is correct.
Any thoughts?
ETA:

k1wi

Post by k1wi »

Something I've thought about over the past two days or so is the possibility of creating a ppd graph polled @ every refresh of HFM? Similar to what you see with network traffic monitors such as MRTG. I think maybe down the road it could have graphs for days, weeks & months?

Would making monitoring performance over the course of the day easy and would allow you to quickly notice patterns or trends (such as slow downs caused by computer usage or application crash etc)

I don't have the knowledge to implement the above idea, but perhaps you would have an idea - maybe print ppd to a ppd log file and either leave it up to the user to create a graph, or 'in-house' the graph making?

k1wi
smartcat99s

Post by smartcat99s »

ParrLeyne wrote:
harlam357 wrote:See Issue 29: http://code.google.com/p/hfm-net/issues/detail?id=29

This functionality (or really a synopsis there of) is going to supersede the current CompletedUnits.csv file. It will likely have a totally different data store (maybe even SQL Server Express), have its own UI (much like Benchmarks), etc.
Please don't use SQL Server Express, its install package and the dependencies are HUGE.

There are plenty of other free SQL engines which are available that you can easily integrate (the FirebirdSQL project is a great choice, it has a full server engine but also has an embedded engine with a very lightweight footprint [less than 1MB]), without having to load SQL Server Express into the mix.
There's the SQL Compact edition, whose dependencies result in a single DLL (source). Although, remember to keep mono in mind when choosing the SQL backend please.
tyj8tim

Post by tyj8tim »

Hello. I'm new to HFM.NET and is wondering if I can get some help here :D

I'm running HFM.NET on couple different computers. I have three of the computers web generate to the ftp. And then use my main machine to add clients through the webserver so I can see all the stats without going online. I also webgenerate from my main machine. So it looks something like this....

My main machine...
http://uberlycool.com/folding/tim/summary.html

Two of my sub machine...
http://uberlycool.com/folding/aaron/summary.html
http://uberlycool.com/folding/tims/summary.html

Now, everything works great but one thing, the SMP clients are not correct. The E6550 and i5-720 are on one of the sub machines and they shows their PPD correctly on their individual web generated. However, once I grab those data from my main machine, they become incorrect (as you can see from the main machine's web generated webpage). I can somehow fix this by checking the "Client is on Virtual Machine (and reports UTC as local time)". But then it shows up blue saying "RunningAsync".

I don't like blue. I like green :lol:

Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance.
7up1n3

Post by 7up1n3 »

I posted a bug report, but haven't heard back regarding an unhandled exception I get every time I try to run the program on one of my systems (WinServer 2008 R2 SP1).

Code: Select all

HFM.NET v0.5.1

Windsor Container Failed to Initialize.  The HFM.exe.config file is likely corrupt.

Exception Thrown:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
   at Castle.Core.Internal.SlimReaderWriterLock..ctor()
   at Castle.DynamicProxy.ModuleScope..ctor(Boolean savePhysicalAssembly, String strongAssemblyName, String strongModulePath, String weakAssemblyName, String weakModulePath)
   at Castle.DynamicProxy.ModuleScope..ctor()
   at Castle.DynamicProxy.DefaultProxyBuilder..ctor()
   at Castle.DynamicProxy.ProxyGenerator..ctor()
   at Castle.Windsor.Proxy.DefaultProxyFactory..ctor()
   at Castle.Windsor.WindsorContainer..ctor(String name, IKernel kernel, IComponentsInstaller installer)
   at Castle.Windsor.WindsorContainer..ctor(IKernel kernel, IComponentsInstaller installer)
   at Castle.Windsor.WindsorContainer..ctor(IConfigurationInterpreter interpreter)
   at HFM.Program.Main(String[] args)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
This exhibits when I first run the program, and occurs with both the .msi & .zip downloads. Oddly, I previously had HFM.net installed on this same system without issue. It is my preferred monitoring program, so would really like to figure out why its exhibiting this behavior. Thanks!
Rage3D Admin ~ The Fighting 300 ~ Team Rage3D Folding