Have we worked on this any? [URL]

Please confine these topics to things that would be of general interest to those who are interested in FAH which don't fall into any other category.

Moderator: Site Moderators

WTS

Have we worked on this any? [URL]

Post by WTS »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medica ... hp&pc=U531

Is any of F@H involved in this search? I hope it gives some good results.
Reality is what you stumble over when you walk around with your eyes closed.
gunnarre

Re: Have we worked on this any? [URL]

Post by gunnarre »

I'm not sure there's any direct involvement, but the data from the Covid Moonshot is freely and publicly available. There is another article called "Discovery of SARS-CoV-2 Mpro peptide inhibitors from modelling substrate and ligand binding" https://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/article ... D1SC03628A (DOI: 10.1039/d1sc03628a) which does explicitly use data from the Folding at Home.
Online: GTX 1660 Super, GTX 1080, GTX 1050 Ti 4G OC, RX580 + occasional CPU folding in the cold.
Offline: Radeon HD 7770, GTX 960, GTX 950
JimboPalmer

Post by JimboPalmer »

If you want to improve the world, F@H is a good project.
If you want credit or recognition for improving the world, not so much.
All the results go in an open source database that anyone can use without acknowledgement.
So no one in the project may know.if the result of F@H were used.

But we are improving knowledge about protein folding.
Tsar of all the Rushers
I tried to remain childlike, all I achieved was childish.
A friend to those who want no friends
MeeLee

Post by MeeLee »

India was working on it.
If you can get covid from sniffing air, heck, they can make nebulizers or pills containing parts of the covid spike protein!
Lots of people don't like needles, and foreign, untested and unproven (without long track record) substances in their blood.
The new booster shot is also only tested on few individuals, but based on the old shot, so chances of something going wrong is pretty small.

That being said, I don't think FAH was in any way associated with the creation of these pills.
They probably use the same methods as Biontech did, to distill the virus particles, and try to put that (liquid) into a pill form (or dry it up without damaging the spike protein).