fire at Royal Institute of Technology Stockholm, Sweden

Please confine these topics to things that would be of general interest to those who are interested in FAH which don't fall into any other category.

Moderator: Site Moderators

John_Weatherman

fire at Royal Institute of Technology Stockholm, Sweden

Post by John_Weatherman »

I see there's a big fire at the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm. I remember there was some folding servers there. Hope they don't go up in smoke ... I see it's the Architecture building so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
kasson
Pande Group Member

Re: fire at Royal Institute of Technology Stockholm, Sweden

Post by kasson »

Thanks; I don't know the details of the fire yet, but our servers are ok and online. Those servers are actually among the better-protected in the FAH system because they're housed with a bunch of the national supercomputing infrastructure.
John_Weatherman

Re: fire at Royal Institute of Technology Stockholm, Sweden

Post by John_Weatherman »

The fire started 7.10 and was not fully extinguished until about 21.00 - there will be an announcement Thursday when they've had a chance to asses the damage. Luckily no one was hurt, and if the servers are at the PDC center (with the new Cray machines) then it's another building a few hundred yards away. The major "victims" are the poor architecture students who have exams soon and some have examwork in the building, and work on the servers in the burnt out building.