FahCore_79.exe process only uses 50% ? [resolved]

Please confine these topics to things that would be of general interest to those who are interested in FAH which don't fall into any other category.

Moderator: Site Moderators

AlexHollander

FahCore_79.exe process only uses 50% ? [resolved]

Post by AlexHollander »

CPU idle is 50%

Greetings,

I run FahCore_79 on 5 desktop machines, and one laptop, Dell D630 XP up to date.
All machines run at about 80 to 95% CPU utilization, except on the laptop where it maxes out at 50%.
I have the FahCore CPU usage setting at 100%, but it only uses 50%.

I have looked at the laptop power schemes, for battery / plugged operation, max power setting, max performance etc.

There are no other tasks using noticable CPU time, the CPU idle is also about 50%. I have searched for viruses, rootkits, spyware etc none found. The laptop runs max performance when plugged in to AC, same problem.

Background tasks include Symantec Antivirus, CyberArmor, PointSec which dont appear to be causing the problem.

When other tasks start, the CPU utilization does go up above 50%.
Any ideas why I cant get above 50% woth FAH?

Thanks !

50%idle
Richardson TX

Alex
bollix47

Re: Lazy FahCore_79.exe process only uses 50% ?

Post by bollix47 »

The D630 has a Core 2 Duo processor.

You are running a uniprocessor client so it is running 1 of your cores at 100% which is 50% of the total available.

You could run a second uniprocessor client or you could try running 1 SMP client. The SMP deadlines are tight on some projects so the lower speed D630's may have trouble making them, especially if you're not leaving the laptop on 24 hours a day.
AlexHollander

Re: Lazy FahCore_79.exe process only uses 50% ?

Post by AlexHollander »

Hi Bollix47,

Thanks, you are right !, The laptop is "intel Centrino Duo".

I had seen other posts about multi-core issues, but didnt realize that it applied to my situation.
Behind in the situation, I will get the other processor in the game.

I appreciate your time and effort.

Thanks!
Sincerely,

Alex Hollander
Richardson TX