a quantum optimzer folds its first proteins

Please confine these topics to things that would be of general interest to those who are interested in FAH which don't fall into any other category.

Moderator: Site Moderators

jimerickson
Hardware configuration: Parts:
Asus H370 Mining Master motherboard (X2)
Patriot Viper DDR4 memory 16gb stick (X4)
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 gpu (X16)
Intel Core i7 8700 cpu (X2)
Silverstone 1000 watt psu (X4)
Veddha 8 gpu miner case (X2)
Thermaltake hsf (X2)
Ubit riser card (X16)

a quantum optimzer folds its first proteins

Post by jimerickson »

saw this today and found it quite interesting.

http://arstechnica.com/science/2012/08/ ... -proteins/
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Re: a quantum optimzer folds its first proteins

Post by 7im »

Ars Technica even included a throw-back link to FAH in the 5th paragraph! :mrgreen:
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
bruce

Re: a quantum optimzer folds its first proteins

Post by bruce »

From what I see described, they're trying to find the final (low energy) state without developing a systematic understanding of the transitions involved in getting there. That may not be an accurate interpretation of their goals, but if it is, it's different than FAH's goals. One of FAH's important goals is to understand WHY and HOW a protein mis-folds.