Chris Hadfield's latest Ask Me Anything

Please confine these topics to things that would be of general interest to those who are interested in FAH which don't fall into any other category.

Moderator: Site Moderators

Jesse_V
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: OS: Windows 10, Kubuntu 19.04
CPU: i7-6700k
GPU: GTX 970, GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 24 GB DDR4

Chris Hadfield's latest Ask Me Anything

Post by Jesse_V »

Ask Me Anythings are common on Reddit, with famous or otherwise interesting people opening a thread, providing a short description about themselves so that everyone knows who they are, and then inviting the community to ask them questions. This is really useful because it allows everyone to ask things that they wouldn't have had an opportunity to ask otherwise, the community gets to interact and gain some interesting insights, and it's generally a lot of fun. I was really excited to see Chris Hadfield opening one a few hours ago:
I am Commander Chris Hadfield, recently back from 5 months on the Space Station.
Since landing in Kazakhstan I've been in Russia, across the US and Canada doing medical tests, debriefing, meeting people, talking about spaceflight, and signing books (I'm the author of a new book called "An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth").
Life after 3 spaceflights and 21 years in the Astronaut Corps is turning out to be busy and interesting. I hope to share it with you as best I can.
So, reddit. Ask me anything!
(If I'm unable to get to your question, please check my previous AMAs to see if it was answered there. Here are the links to my from-orbit and preflight AMAs.)
https://pay.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/ ... astronaut/