Proteins Caught Folding

Please confine these topics to things that would be of general interest to those who are interested in FAH which don't fall into any other category.

Moderator: Site Moderators

rbpeake
Hardware configuration: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor E8500, dual 3.16GHz cores, 6MB L2 Cache, 1333MHz FSB (45nm); 4096MB Corsair™ XMS2 DDR2-800 RAM; 256MB eVGA™ NVIDIA® GeForce™ 8600 GT Video Card

Proteins Caught Folding

Post by rbpeake »

7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Re: Proteins Caught Folding

Post by 7im »

That's a cool way to look at it. But a little on the skeptical side, did they find enough proteins stuck in enough random positions that they pieced together a jig-saw puzzle that is the actual answer, or one that just happens to fit together the same way.

In other words, to get from this shape | to this one __ , did it work like this... |/__ or like this... __\| ? Even if you can't tell from the new study, I still think it brings in more information that we didn't have before, and that's another step in the right direction.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.