Wired Magazine & FAH

Please confine these topics to things that would be of general interest to those who are interested in FAH which don't fall into any other category.

Moderator: Site Moderators

pwnchu

Wired Magazine & FAH

Post by pwnchu »

I just noticed the cover of Wired Magazine's 08 July says "The End of Science: The quest for knowledge used to begin with grand theories. Now it begins with massive amounts of data. Welcome to the Petabyte Age".

I personally think that Wired often doesn't know what it talks about and am at a loss to why my dad likes the magazine. So I wasn't surprised that they didn't mention FAH at all. Lame eh?
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Re: Wired Magazine & FAH

Post by 7im »

Wired has mentioned Fah in the past. With so many projects to choose from, they couldn't mention them all in that article. Not lame, IMO.

I've subscribed since the 4th issue many years ago. They get it right more often than they get it wrong, and are good at seeing coming trends. They are also good for writing articles about the "unseen" parts of the internet and the industry. Not something you get on \. or The Inq. As always, consider the source. Most forms of media these days are about entertainment as much as anything else (and selling more ad space), even the "mainstream" new media is more entertainment than news these days. :roll:
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
pwnchu

Re: Wired Magazine & FAH

Post by pwnchu »

Hmm. Yeah, I'm probably being too critical on them for that.