Why was I in team FTL?

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Re: Why was I in team FTL?

Post by 7im »

whynot wrote:
A-ha! Then conspiracy theorists are defeated! Again! (who that could be? me?) Then there's a signal "to stop requesting work units". Pleased to know. What else signals there are? And how exactly that "identification" happens?

How would knowing that information help you to be more a productive contributor to the project?
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
whynot

Post by whynot »

7im wrote:
whynot wrote:
A-ha! Then conspiracy theorists are defeated! Again! (who that could be? me?) Then there's a signal "to stop requesting work units". Pleased to know. What else signals there are? And how exactly that "identification" happens?

How would knowing that information help you to be more a productive contributor to the project?
This way:

Code: Select all

{13682:31} [0:0]% tail ~/folded/FAHlog.txt
[13:59:38] - Attempt #88  to get work failed, and no other work to do.
             Waiting before retry.
[14:47:39] + Attempting to get work packet
[14:47:39] - Connecting to assignment server
[14:47:39] Connecting to http://assign.stanford.edu:8080/
[14:47:42] Posted data.
[14:47:42] Initial: 0000; + No appropriate work server was available; will try again in a bit.
[14:47:42] + Couldn't get work instructions.
[14:47:42] - Attempt #89  to get work failed, and no other work to do.
             Waiting before retry.

Am I signaled? (That's after one restart. Mindles attempt to make sure client is configured for 'big'. It is. And it always was.)

Look, let's state the situation. I understand, that you're not authoritative to state. Although, that's possible, you've acquired some inside information (trespassing, bribery, tortures,.. whatever; I don't care your means) that you could probably share. However, I see you probably have no will to.
--
I'm counting for science.
Points just make me sick.
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

Why would you think that log indicates you have been "signaled to stop requesting work units" when it just made 89 requests? The time gap between later requests is intentional to keep assignment servers from being flooded requests after a server failure. To me that looks like a log from a system that is configured with flags that either make it impossible to get an assignment or for which no work is currently available.
bruce

Post by bruce »

Punchy wrote:To me that looks like a log from a system . . . for which no work is currently available.
See the the FAH blog.

I think we've drifted way off-topic. The original question was answered long ago.

Thread closed.