How to check status when running as a Service

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

qopinc

How to check status when running as a Service

Post by qopinc »

Hi everyone,

New team started here, have a few machines already crunching, adding about 60 more in the next 30 days. Most of them will be running the Windows console client as a service, some will be running the SMP client on dual and quad core machines, and some will be running the Linux console and linux console/smp client.

My question is, some of the members of the team want to be able to tell the status of the current work unit just for their own curiosity but I can't figure out how to get the status if the client is running as a service? Does anyone know if this is possible. Our team (QOPINC) currently doesn't have any work units completed and the team stats show nothing so far so there isn't really anyway to know what our progress is on a specific machine at any given time.

Help! :)
Ivoshiee
Site Moderator

Re: How to check status when running as a Service

Post by Ivoshiee »

You can check the status by reading FAHlog.txt or unitinfo.txt files. To see if the FAH client is still running, you have to check if the FahCore_??.exe is showing up in task manager.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

Welcome to the forum, qopinc.

3rd Party monitoring tools are available in the Tools List sticky post in that section of the forum.

Fahmon seems to be the most popular at the moment, but do read through the list of options.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
qopinc

Post by qopinc »

Thanks!