How to Switch Teams

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Ancient_Dragon

How to Switch Teams

Post by Ancient_Dragon »

I want to change to a different team and found one thread here that suggested all I have to do is change the team id in the Configure window then reboot (or log off and log back on). I'm using Vista Home Premium. I did that, but when I select Status --> Team Statistics It shows the correct team but I am not in the list. Do I have to wait awhile for that to happen ? Or is there something else I need to do ?
Flathead74

Re: How to Switch Teams

Post by Flathead74 »

After you finish a WU for the new team, your name should show up on your new team's list.
uncle fuzzy

Post by uncle fuzzy »

All the WUs/points you received on the other team will stay there forever. Only new work will be credited under the new team. You can move, the points can't.
Proud to crash my machines as a Beta Tester!

sneakers55

Post by sneakers55 »

Ancient_Dragon wrote:I want to change to a different team and found one thread here that suggested all I have to do is change the team id in the Configure window then reboot (or log off and log back on).

I did that, but when I select Status --> Team Statistics It shows the correct team but I am not in the list. Do I have to wait awhile for that to happen ?
Your team change will take effect the next time F@H completes and uploads a WU.

Up to then, the F@H client hasn't communicated with the Stanford mothership.
AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core 4200+ (2.2 GHz)
Intel C2D 6400 (2.13 GHz)
Intel C2D T7800 (2.6 GHz)
PS3
tyciol

Post by tyciol »

Okay, so what if we do not intend for our old points (be they recorded anonymously, under just our name, our name for a previous team, or anonymously for a team, if that is even possible) to count for our new group?

What if, all we want, is for our total points individually to still be listed for our personal account, and the points we contributed to the previous team to be still recorded under that team, while recording points for a new team?

As in, if I had accumulated 1000 points before joining a team, 5000 points for an original team (A), and then switched teams and got 4000 points for a new team (B) then would I be listed as 5000 under A, 4000 under B, and then my user page would say 10 000 total?

I know you can only be listed under 1 team on your user page, which would be your current team, the team number which is currently configured under your program, or at least, whatever team was listed whenever your last work unit was contributed.

As in, no team would be listed if you changed it to blank before it was last submitted, or else whatever was listed there would be listed.

However, I am wondering about in terms of the actual team page.

Even if we no longer list the team, would our user name still be on record for that team, even if we no longer contribute our work units to it? Could that be removed somehow?

Also, if we change back to an old team who we got points for in the past, would we be set back to 0, or would we keep adding on to our old score?

I find this very interesting.
hrsetrdr

Post by hrsetrdr »

Basically, all the WUs an individual previously folded will forever be listed with the team that was chosen. One can choose a new team, fold with them for a while, then go back to his/her old team and continue accruing points as if they had never left. Or, choose a new team...etc. Each team that a person folds with will forever retain those points; as long as that person uses the same username the points will show, listed by team (or in aggregate, if checking stats on Stanford's userstats ).
Folding rig:Supermicro X9DRD-7LN4F-JBOD | (2) Xeon E5-2670 | 128GB DDR3 ECC Registered

Install Folding@Home on Linux without Python dependancy issues
uncle fuzzy

Post by uncle fuzzy »

tyciol wrote: As in, if I had accumulated 1000 points before joining a team, 5000 points for an original team (A), and then switched teams and got 4000 points for a new team (B) then would I be listed as 5000 under A, 4000 under B, and then my user page would say 10 000 total?
As long as you don't change your user name, yes.
tyciol wrote:I know you can only be listed under 1 team on your user page, which would be your current team, the team number which is currently configured under your program, or at least, whatever team was listed whenever your last work unit was contributed.

As in, no team would be listed if you changed it to blank before it was last submitted, or else whatever was listed there would be listed.

However, I am wondering about in terms of the actual team page.

Even if we no longer list the team, would our user name still be on record for that team, even if we no longer contribute our work units to it? Could that be removed somehow?

Also, if we change back to an old team who we got points for in the past, would we be set back to 0, or would we keep adding on to our old score?

I find this very interesting.
If you have multiple clients, you could have a different team number on each one. Once you complete a single WU for a team, you're on their page forever. If you go back to an old team, you pick up where you left off.
Proud to crash my machines as a Beta Tester!

Ren02

Post by Ren02 »

tyciol wrote:I know you can only be listed under 1 team on your user page, which would be your current team, the team number which is currently configured under your program, or at least, whatever team was listed whenever your last work unit was contributed.
Actually no, you have as many user pages as the teams you've folded for + 1 aggregate.
For instance:
My user page 1:
http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=Ren02&teamnum=0
Page 2:
http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=Ren02&teamnum=385
Aggregate:
http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=Ren02
If you look at the addresses then the only difference is the &teamnum=.. part at the end for team specific pages and address ending with only the username for aggregate.
If you have folded for only 1 team then the team specific and aggregate pages are identical:
http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=tyciol&teamnum=35586
http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=tyciol