User Interface bug?

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

World Control

User Interface bug?

Post by World Control »

Hi,

I changed some information on my team homepage yesterday (a hosted-icon link), and used the "Change Team" link [I'm not able to post the link since I'm new to the forums part of F@H].

It went okay, but now I'm locked out. Here's what I think happened, and why it might be a bug...

When you fill out the "Old Founder Email" field and press "Submit" it automatically fills in the "New Founder Email (Optional)" with that same information. If you've made a typo in the "Old Founder Email" and get rejected for access because your email address doesn't match F@H's records, you might presume that you can just fix the typo in the "Old Founder Email" field and hit Enter, but the automatically filled-in "New Founder Email (Optional)" field will still retain your typo, and will then make it your new email address-of-record.

I think this is what happened to me. I have been unable to recreate my old typo, and so I'm locked out. I would suggest not having the "Optional" fields auto-populate to avoid this problem.