Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

John Naylor
Hardware configuration: Q9450 OC @ 3.2GHz (Win7 Home Premium) - SMP2
E7500 OC @ 3.66GHz (Windows Home Server) - SMP2
i5-3750k @ 3.8GHz (Win7 Pro) - SMP2

Re: Seeking basic instruction.

Post by John Naylor »

Cajun_Don wrote:
alancabler wrote:Good luck. Find a few billion barrels, won't you?
That still will not help the high price of gasoline for another ten years or more if it happens. Then the price of gasoline will be over $10.00 a gallon.
It already is around that level here in the UK (£1.10/litre)...
Folding whatever I'm sent since March 2006 :) Beta testing since October 2006. www.FAH-Addict.net Administrator since August 2009.
alancabler

Post by alancabler »

Since this has veered OT- if you'll recall, this massive run- up in world oil market process started when Hurricane Katrina wreaked havoc on the oil infrastructure of the Gulf of Mexico, and the speculators started their games. The Gulf oil facilities have now been repaired. Current world oil pricing is only partially a result of free market forces.
Facts are not truth. Facts are merely facets of the shining diamond of truth.
michelito

Post by michelito »

Hello - first time posting, even though I've run F@H on and off on different machines for a while now...
Quick question, which has nothing to do with using the clients but... is there a PC version of the GUI in the works that will look as good as the PS3 GUI?
I hadn't used F@H for a while and was expecting a nicer looking GUI on the PC after seeing the one on the PS3... hey, if my nvidia card can't fold, at least it could be put to better use on the display side... :)
John Naylor
Hardware configuration: Q9450 OC @ 3.2GHz (Win7 Home Premium) - SMP2
E7500 OC @ 3.66GHz (Windows Home Server) - SMP2
i5-3750k @ 3.8GHz (Win7 Pro) - SMP2

Post by John Naylor »

michelito wrote:Hello - first time posting, even though I've run F@H on and off on different machines for a while now...
Quick question, which has nothing to do with using the clients but... is there a PC version of the GUI in the works that will look as good as the PS3 GUI?
I hadn't used F@H for a while and was expecting a nicer looking GUI on the PC after seeing the one on the PS3... hey, if my nvidia card can't fold, at least it could be put to better use on the display side... :)
I seem to remember reading that one is in the works, but even if that is correct it will be a long time before it is released, as there are so many beta clients out there which need finalising first.
Folding whatever I'm sent since March 2006 :) Beta testing since October 2006. www.FAH-Addict.net Administrator since August 2009.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

As I recall, the new GUI has already been in the works for a long time, so the release may not be as far away as you might think. The new viewer ties in with the SysTray style client, and we have a number of SysTray clients now, so let's see what happens.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
michelito

Post by michelito »

Thanks for the replies - I'll keep checking every once in a while to see what's new.
I will be building a new quad-core within a couple of weeks so it'll be interesting to observe the differences with my current dual-core setup.