Overall F@H Stats Graph?

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

FAMAS

Re: Overall F@H Stats Graph?

Post by FAMAS »

foldy wrote:I put a request on reddit how to access the "Client statistics by OS" as excel sheet to generate a graph over time
https://www.reddit.com/r/foldingathome/ ... _as_graph/
now that you have gotten the answer, can you help out by doing the practice on an approximately 24 hour basis? the excel spreadsheet has a section named october 2016
FAMAS

Post by FAMAS »

7im wrote:
bruce wrote:
7im wrote:Have no fear, R2 is here, JIT is near, a new Cloud may appear.
You got a recent response and you should be the one to explain what you said.
The memory brain cells for that are just as dead as this thread was. 3 years, really?

Probably about the same time as the new Star Wars movie was announced. There was talk of Just In Time core compiling to take advantage if certain processor features across various hardware types (never happened, but we see AVX support coming now). And cloud likely refered to the streaming client mentioned in the blog.
on the topic of the graph generation, can you help out by doing the whole csv process on an approximately 24 hour basis or per month basis? requesting every assistance from anyone i can get.
foldy
Hardware configuration: Folding@Home Client 7.6.13 (1 GPU slots)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Core i5 2500k@4Ghz
Nvidia gtx 1080ti driver 441

Post by foldy »

I can only get the data of today but hope to get the data of the history to generate a graph.
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

foldy wrote:I can only get the data of today but hope to get the data of the history to generate a graph.
PG has not provided access to anything but current data. All collections of data such have been previously discussed in this topic have been done by persons not connected with PG for their own purposes. For whatever reasons they discontinued collecting the daily data, the last regular figures date to 2014. The previous person to collect this data has it on yet another Google spreadsheet, that was collected from a number of sources which had archived figures.

You will need to make your case with PG if you want them to dig through their databases and recreate such figures for contributors by OS, GPU type, etc. But unless they see the time and effort as contributing to an increase in participation, my guess based on prior experience seeing such requests is that it is unlikely to happen. In any case, this forum is not the place to advocate for this to happen, your posts are largely unread by PG members outside of responding to beta tests and problem reports on WU's or projects.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
FAMAS

Post by FAMAS »

Joe_H wrote:
foldy wrote:I can only get the data of today but hope to get the data of the history to generate a graph.
PG has not provided access to anything but current data. All collections of data such have been previously discussed in this topic have been done by persons not connected with PG for their own purposes. For whatever reasons they discontinued collecting the daily data, the last regular figures date to 2014. The previous person to collect this data has it on yet another Google spreadsheet, that was collected from a number of sources which had archived figures.

You will need to make your case with PG if you want them to dig through their databases and recreate such figures for contributors by OS, GPU type, etc. But unless they see the time and effort as contributing to an increase in participation, my guess based on prior experience seeing such requests is that it is unlikely to happen. In any case, this forum is not the place to advocate for this to happen, your posts are largely unread by PG members outside of responding to beta tests and problem reports on WU's or projects.
can we get the entire pandegroup userbase mentioned here on this issue?
FAMAS

Post by FAMAS »

pop-culture quote "activating manual override. we have to do it manually."
foldy
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Core i5 2500k@4Ghz

Post by foldy »

If we do it manually the data from first day of each month should be enough to get a graph. I can put in data from June to October 2016
FAMAS

Post by FAMAS »

foldy wrote:If we do it manually the data from first day of each month should be enough to get a graph. I can put in data from June to October 2016
do it.
FAMAS

Post by FAMAS »

foldy wrote:If we do it manually the data from first day of each month should be enough to get a graph. I can put in data from June to October 2016
i noticed that there are some revisions in the spreadsheet but i cannot detect the changes. did you do something to it? also, why are you not putting in the data yet?
foldy
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Core i5 2500k@4Ghz

Post by foldy »

I made a new document with all data in one sheet and stripped it down to only hold the data of 1st of each month.
2015 and first half 2016 data still missing but it can draw a graph.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Interesting today we have 10x the folding power than 4 years ago with only 1/3 of Active Processing Units.
That was the transition from multi CPU systems to GPUs.
FAMAS

Post by FAMAS »

foldy wrote:I made a new document with all data in one sheet and stripped it down to only hold the data of 1st of each month.

Interesting today we have 10x the folding power than 4 years ago with only 1/3 of Active Processing Units.
keep going. after finding the data, maintain the drive.
FAMAS

Post by FAMAS »

foldy wrote:I made a new document with all data in one sheet and stripped it down to only hold the data of 1st of each month.

waiting for you to find the data and input it.
k1wi

Post by k1wi »

Found January 19 2015 here:
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/ ... NYSBDG.pdf (page 70/77)

December 21 2015 here:
http://archive.is/qrjeE
foldy
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Core i5 2500k@4Ghz

Post by foldy »

Added to sheet and updated charts
FAMAS

Post by FAMAS »

foldy wrote:Added to sheet and updated charts
get february stats in the spreadsheet fast