How do I run on Multiple Machines?

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

rightarmman

How do I run on Multiple Machines?

Post by rightarmman »

I setup FAH on three machines with the same user / team. Am I running the same job?
If so, how do I config to run separate tasks?

Thx,

Paul
alancabler

Re: How do I run on Multiple Machines?

Post by alancabler »

Hello rightarmman,
Welcome to the folding forum.

Lots of users run F@h on multiple machines and set them up just like you did, with the same username and Team # configuration for each machine. Each Work Unit is unique, and if it is completed before the deadline, will only be processed once... project computer power is too precious to be used by running the same WU multiple times. Each Work Unit depends on the successful completion of the previous WU and then the next generation WU takes up where yours left off.
Each of your WUs can be from the same Project, but will have unique sequence identifiers like this:
[20:13:58] Project: 4105 (Run 27, Clone 2, Gen 17)
That's a line clipped from FAHlog.txt, which you can find in the Windows(?) folder where you installed your client. You will find your log to be a valuable aid.

You can find a lot of helpful information in the WIKI, via the forum search functions, FAQs and other main project pages, all linked at the top of this page. You'll also learn a lot by just hangin' out in this forum, and by asking when you have questions.
If you want to find out how you are doing, Stanford maintains personal and team stats pages (as do several excellent 3rd- party sites) and you can also compare your machines to others in the project points database, also linked at top o' this page. (Feel free to add your own scores).

Congratulations on your decision to take part in this noble project.
Facts are not truth. Facts are merely facets of the shining diamond of truth.