something wrong with folding or me????

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

air supremacy

something wrong with folding or me????

Post by air supremacy »

ok, i made thread earlier about if i can pile up WU. and the answer to that was "NO". so i downloaded the beta6 non graphcis client, also keep in mind that iam running on a 700mhz cpu. so i configured it to get normal work units. small<normal<large, 5<normal<10mb.

so everything is fine, it downloaded everything and is running. but in the frame is 0 out of 1.5 million (1500000) and the work unit ends march some day so that works out to be ~82 days to get through 1.5 million frames to meet that deadline i worked out that each frame must be completed in ~every 4 secounds. but mines still on zero i think its been running for and hour now.

anybody know why this could be happening? my only guess would be that its some sort of lag e.g the work is being done, but not showing it. could have done 1000 frames by now.

iam clue less, is this problme or is it fine. cause it would sure be a huge waste in power and ware and tare on my computer if i miss that deadline while running the computer for ~82 days

thanks

8) supreme air commander :wink: 8)
Last edited by air supremacy on Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChelseaOilman

Re: something wrong with folding or me????

Post by ChelseaOilman »

air supremacy wrote:the frame is 0 out of 1.5 million (1500000)
That's steps, not frames. Look at the Currently Running Projects page. Almost all WUs have 100 frames.

If your running F@H 24/7 on this computer, you should have no dificulty making deadlines.
codysluder

Post by codysluder »

air supremacy wrote:ok, i made thread earlier about if i can pile up WU. and the answer to that was "NO". so i downloaded the beta6 non graphcis client, also keep in mind that iam running on a 700mhz cpu. so i configured it to get normal work units. small<normal<large, 5<normal<10mb.

so everything is fine, it downloaded everything and is running. but in the frame is 0 out of 1.5 million (1500000) and the work unit ends march some day so that works out to be ~82 days to get through 1.5 million frames to meet that deadline i worked out that each frame must be completed in ~every 4 secounds. but mines still on zero i think its been running for and hour now.

anybody know why this could be happening? my only guess would be that its some sort of lag e.g the work is being done, but not showing it. could have done 1000 frames by now.

iam clue less, is this problme or is it fine. cause it would sure be a huge waste in power and ware and tare on my computer if i miss that deadline while running the computer for ~82 days
You won't get a progress report afer 1000 out of 1500000. You will see progress reports every 1%, so the first report will be at 15000 out of 1.5 million. If it has been one hour with no report, all you really know is that the WU will take more than 100 hours to complete. You also know that it needs to be returned prior to the deadline for that particular project. If you won't be back before the deadline, then you'll have to shut down the computer.
air supremacy

Post by air supremacy »

codysluder wrote: You won't get a progress report afer 1000 out of 1500000. You will see progress reports every 1%, so the first report will be at 15000 out of 1.5 million. If it has been one hour with no report, all you really know is that the WU will take more than 100 hours to complete. You also know that it needs to be returned prior to the deadline for that particular project. If you won't be back before the deadline, then you'll have to shut down the computer.
:oops: ah thanks to both you. sorry iam retarted, :? this is my first time with folding, i can meet deadlines iam at 15000 which is 1% their no problme i should have waited a bit longer sorry for making a such a silly thread once agine. :oops: :oops: :oops: :!:
bruce

Post by bruce »

air supremacy wrote:ah thanks to both you. sorry iam retarted, :? this is my first time with folding, i can meet deadlines iam at 15000 which is 1% their no problme i should have waited a bit longer sorry for making a such a silly thread once agine.
Don't feel bad about asking any question about FAH for which you don't know the answer. We're here to help.

And welcome to the FoldingForum, air supremacy.