web control won't load

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

melas300

web control won't load

Post by melas300 »

Hello.
So, I just installed folding@home but the problem is that web control is stuck on loading. I've been searching for a while but I found nothing.
Here is a screenshot:

I'm using the latest version of Chrome. Javascript is enabled. Folding@home client is not blocked by firewall.
Hope you can help me!
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Re: web control won't load

Post by 7im »

Can you use the FAH tray icon to launch Advanced Control until we get this sorted out?
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
melas300

Post by melas300 »

Yeah, sure. I just thought that maybe it had something to do with MY computer. If it doesn't, it's okay...
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

Yes, it is something local to your computer, but wanted to get you up and folding while we continue to troubleshoot. Step 1 is clear the browser cache. Also, which version of windows is this? Does IE have the same problem?
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
calxalot
Site Moderator

Post by calxalot »

I have the same problem with Chrome on OSX.
I think the current wrapper page has a browser detect issue with Chrome.
Jesse_V
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: OS: Windows 10, Kubuntu 19.04
CPU: i7-6700k
GPU: GTX 970, GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 24 GB DDR4

Post by Jesse_V »

calxalot wrote:I have the same problem with Chrome on OSX.
I think the current wrapper page has a browser detect issue with Chrome.
Web Control works fine for me with Chrome under Linux and (last I checked, about a month ago) Windows.
F@h is now the top computing platform on the planet and nothing unites people like a dedicated fight against a common enemy. This virus affects all of us. Lets end it together.
jimerickson
Hardware configuration: Parts:
Asus H370 Mining Master motherboard (X2)
Patriot Viper DDR4 memory 16gb stick (X4)
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 gpu (X16)
Intel Core i7 8700 cpu (X2)
Silverstone 1000 watt psu (X4)
Veddha 8 gpu miner case (X2)
Thermaltake hsf (X2)
Ubit riser card (X16)

Post by jimerickson »

works fine here with chrome on ubuntu 13.10.
calxalot
Site Moderator

Post by calxalot »

Chrome developer resources panel shows an uncaught security error in intercom.min.js, and related uncaught reference error in main.js.

There are also some urls that begin "//" without "http:". Don't know if that matters.
Jesse_V
Site Moderator

Post by Jesse_V »

calxalot wrote:Chrome developer resources panel shows an uncaught security error in intercom.min.js, and related uncaught reference error in main.js.
Good find. Any way of catching those exceptions? Is this is a bug with Web Control then?
F@h is now the top computing platform on the planet and nothing unites people like a dedicated fight against a common enemy. This virus affects all of us. Lets end it together.
melas300

Post by melas300 »

Clearing browser cache doesn't help. I have windows 7 64 bit.

Just tried with Internet explorer and it works...
melas300

Post by melas300 »

I should mention that this happens with another web page too. It loads normally on internet explorer but not in chrome(or firefox).
melas300

Post by melas300 »

I've actually found what was causing the problem. It seems that the site won't load if you've disabled cookies. Which I had and it is very unfortunate as I can't even set an exception for it, I must allow cookies from all sites. Well, I'll just stick to advanced control, it's not that I lose something anyway...
Jesse_V
Site Moderator

Post by Jesse_V »

melas300 wrote:I've actually found what was causing the problem. It seems that the site won't load if you've disabled cookies. Which I had and it is very unfortunate as I can't even set an exception for it, I must allow cookies from all sites. Well, I'll just stick to advanced control, it's not that I lose something anyway...
Good catch, I confirmed this. I had not realized that cookies were required. I disabled cookies in Chrome, then went to folding.stanford.edu/client. After a few seconds of countdown, (usually the amount of time required to load Web Control) I got to the page that you found. Usually this page only appears when the countdown reaches 0, but apparently not when cookies are disabled. The page lists the F@h software and Javascript as requirements, but not cookies. Sounds like an enhancement request to me.

Edit: https://fah-web.stanford.edu/projects/F ... icket/1036
us3rnam3

Post by us3rnam3 »

+1 I've been wondering why the web panel loads just fine on safari and chrome but breaks every now and then on firefox...clearing cookies for that specific page did it for me.