Welcome to new member Jingcheng Wu

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

ChristianVirtual

Welcome to new member Jingcheng Wu

Post by ChristianVirtual »

From the news: https://folding.stanford.edu/home/new-t ... gcheng-wu/

Welcome Jingcheng Wu to the world of folding! Glad that PG finally found someone willing to be the "glue". Based on the short intro I have the impression that this will be a great fit. It might not always be an easy job with us on the "other" side; but eventually we have all the same reason to be here.

Looking forward to hear/read from you soon. :D
Cheers
Christian
ImageImage
Please contribute your logs to http://ppd.fahmm.net
JC.Wu
Pande Group Member

Re: Welcome to new member Jingcheng Wu

Post by JC.Wu »

Hello! This is Jingcheng :D

I'm very excited to be part of the PG. I'm looking forward to tell you guys about what we've been able to achieve with your help and the intriguing results from our research.

Thanks for the warm welcome!
PantherX
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: V7.6.21 -> Multi-purpose 24/7
Windows 10 64-bit
CPU:2/3/4/6 -> Intel i7-6700K
GPU:1 -> Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
§
Retired:
2x Nvidia GTX 1070
Nvidia GTX 675M
Nvidia GTX 660 Ti
Nvidia GTX 650 SC
Nvidia GTX 260 896 MB SOC
Nvidia 9600GT 1 GB OC
Nvidia 9500M GS
Nvidia 8800GTS 320 MB

Intel Core i7-860
Intel Core i7-3840QM
Intel i3-3240
Intel Core 2 Duo E8200
Intel Core 2 Duo E6550
Intel Core 2 Duo T8300
Intel Pentium E5500
Intel Pentium E5400

Post by PantherX »

Welcome to the F@H Forum JC.Wu,

Looking forward to your contributions :)
ETA:
Now ↞ Very Soon ↔ Soon ↔ Soon-ish ↔ Not Soon ↠ End Of Time

Welcome To The F@H Support Forum Ӂ Troubleshooting Bad WUs Ӂ Troubleshooting Server Connectivity Issues
kerryd

Post by kerryd »

JC.Wu wrote:Hello! This is Jingcheng :D

I'm very excited to be part of the PG. I'm looking forward to tell you guys about what we've been able to achieve with your help and the intriguing results from our research.

So when you going to start the Donor relations ?
Jesse_V
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: OS: Windows 10, Kubuntu 19.04
CPU: i7-6700k
GPU: GTX 970, GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 24 GB DDR4

Post by Jesse_V »

Jingcheng, I just wanted to say well done on the recent blog posts. It looks like pretty exciting research.

Out of all of the horrible diseases we are going after, I'm in full support of cancer research whenever possible. We need drugs that act as sniper rifles, not nuclear weapons.
F@h is now the top computing platform on the planet and nothing unites people like a dedicated fight against a common enemy. This virus affects all of us. Lets end it together.
Nathan_P
Hardware configuration: Asus Z8NA D6C, 2 x5670@3.2 Ghz, , 12gb Ram, GTX 980ti, AX650 PSU, win 10 (daily use)

Asus Z87 WS, Xeon E3-1230L v3, 8gb ram, KFA GTX 1080, EVGA 750ti , AX760 PSU, Mint 18.2 OS

Not currently folding
Asus Z9PE- D8 WS, 2 E5-2665@2.3 Ghz, 16Gb 1.35v Ram, Ubuntu (Fold only)
Asus Z9PA, 2 Ivy 12 core, 16gb Ram, H folding appliance (fold only)

Post by Nathan_P »

Welcome and 2 very nicely written blog posts :-)
NookieBandit
Hardware configuration: AMD Opteron 2 x 6274 (32 Cores)
AMD FX-8350 (8 Cores)
Intel i7-4790K (8 Cores)
Intel i7-4790K (8 Cores)
Intel i7-4771K (8 Cores)
Intel i7-3770K (8 Cores)
Intel i7-3770K (8 Cores)
Intel i7-3770K (8 Cores)
Intel i7-3770S (8 Cores)
Intel i7-3930K (12 Cores)
Nvidia GPUs:
GTX 780ti
GTX 780ti
GTX 780ti
GTX 780ti
GTX 780
GTX 690
GTX 690
AMD GPUs:
HD 7970 GBE
HD 7970 GBE
HD 7990
HD 7990
HD 7990
R9 295X2
R9 295X2
R9 295X2

Post by NookieBandit »

Welcome Jingcheng! It is truly a pleasure to know you're part of this community. Based on your introduction and background, I suspect you can offer a wide range of advice, guidance and streamlined communication to the benefit of both Stanford and the donor community. Within the forum, you'll find many exceptionally bright people with lots of opinions and ideas about what FAH needs going forward -- and sometimes in loud voices! -- but fear not, the donor community, IMHO, always has their collective heart in the right place. I wish you good luck and all the best!
JC.Wu
Pande Group Member

Post by JC.Wu »

kerryd wrote:
JC.Wu wrote:Hello! This is Jingcheng :D

So when you going to start the Donor relations ?
Hi kerryd :) I just started on the donor relations and completed my first task. Check out my blog posts on FAH News if you're interested.
JC.Wu
Pande Group Member

Post by JC.Wu »

Hi PantherX, Jesse_V, Nathan_P and NookieBandit! I'm surprised you spelled my name correctly. :D People mis-spell it 90% of the time. Thanks for the encouragement and support! I'll try my best to keep up with the work and do better in the future.
Grandpa_01
Hardware configuration: 3 - Supermicro H8QGi-F AMD MC 6174=144 cores 2.5Ghz, 96GB G.Skill DDR3 1333Mhz Ubuntu 10.10
2 - Asus P6X58D-E i7 980X 4.4Ghz 6GB DDR3 2000 A-Data 64GB SSD Ubuntu 10.10
1 - Asus Rampage Gene III 17 970 4.3Ghz DDR3 2000 2-500GB Segate 7200.11 0-Raid Ubuntu 10.10
1 - Asus G73JH Laptop i7 740QM 1.86Ghz ATI 5870M

Post by Grandpa_01 »

Welcome Jingcheng, and no I did not spell your name right I copied and pasted it. :) much easier that way. Good job on the blog post, the second was more my speed, allot of the first is Greek to me. I am one of those who can be loud at times and I am not currently participating in FAH, hopefully I will see the changes I believe need to be made PR side of things and that status will change.

I do believe FAH to be the program that has the best chance of doing some good for humanity and do look forward to participating in it again in the future, anyway I just wanted to say welcome and good luck.

Grandpa :D
2 - SM H8QGi-F AMD 6xxx=112 cores @ 3.2 & 3.9Ghz
5 - SM X9QRI-f+ Intel 4650 = 320 cores @ 3.15Ghz
2 - I7 980X 4.4Ghz 2-GTX680
1 - 2700k 4.4Ghz GTX680
Total = 464 cores folding
Jesse_V
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: OS: Windows 10, Kubuntu 19.04
CPU: i7-6700k
GPU: GTX 970, GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 24 GB DDR4

Post by Jesse_V »

Let me just say that it is helpful when your name is in the title. That being said, I'm in a room with several other grad students from China or India, so the name isn't that unusual. I have seen much worse. :)
F@h is now the top computing platform on the planet and nothing unites people like a dedicated fight against a common enemy. This virus affects all of us. Lets end it together.
ChristianVirtual

Post by ChristianVirtual »

... And we only need to write, not to pronounce ... That is the real challenge. :!:
Most of the Chinese colleagues I work with ( in Japan and Dalian) have chosen western names in addition; which is nice and makes communication easier. I see a "JC" as nickname for Jingcheng on the horizon (if you agree).
ImageImage
Please contribute your logs to http://ppd.fahmm.net
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

ChristianVirtual wrote:... And we only need to write, not to pronounce ... That is the real challenge. :!:
Most of the Chinese colleagues I work with ( in Japan and Dalian) have chosen western names in addition; which is nice and makes communication easier. I see a "JC" as nickname for Jingcheng on the horizon (if you agree).
Out of respect for their positions, we don't don't use VP for Dr. Pande or PK for Dr. Kasson. I don't see a need to nickname the newest PG member. Please use her forum name or proper name until she indicates otherwise. That's her privilege to introduce herself as she wishes.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
JC.Wu
Pande Group Member

Post by JC.Wu »

Grandpa_01 wrote:Welcome Jingcheng, and no I did not spell your name right I copied and pasted it. :) much easier that way. Good job on the blog post, the second was more my speed, allot of the first is Greek to me. I am one of those who can be loud at times and I am not currently participating in FAH, hopefully I will see the changes I believe need to be made PR side of things and that status will change.

I do believe FAH to be the program that has the best chance of doing some good for humanity and do look forward to participating in it again in the future, anyway I just wanted to say welcome and good luck.

Grandpa :D
:lol: copy&paste is failproof. You would need to have taken some biochemistry course to understand the one that sounds like Greek. The original paper published is like Mayan inscription. Thanks for the good luck. I do need it. Good luck to you too Grandpa.
JC.Wu
Pande Group Member

Post by JC.Wu »

ChristianVirtual wrote:... And we only need to write, not to pronounce ... That is the real challenge. :!:
This is hilarious. How do you know my nickname is JC? :lol: I always introduce myself to people as JC when face to face. Jingcheng means quiet and innocent in Chinese. I was a trouble-making loud baby so my parents named me that hoping me would "improve." Their wishes didn't come true though. I've remained the same. When I first came to the US and lived with a host family, my host mom had trouble pronouncing my name. Since her name is Penny and we had a JC Penny retail store nearby, we decided on JC as my nickname. It does make communication much easier. Although sometimes people think I named myself after Jesus Christ. :|

7im thank you for showing respect and I appreciate it. :D JC or Jingcheng are both fine.