Intel i3-3240
Intel Core 2 Duo E8200
Intel Core 2 Duo E6550
Intel Core 2 Duo T8300
Intel Pentium E5500
Intel Pentium E5400

Re: Suggestion: separate options for idle and working

Post by PantherX »

sweetleon wrote:...Do you know who I could contact to get access to build such a solution into the Folding@Home myself? I'm an experienced software engineer, and my hunch is that it'll be easier to implement in FAHclient for everyone than it was to build this solution for myself and Mac power users...
I have contacted the person who's helping out in the macOS builds. Let's see what happens. In the meantime, you can view the aspects of the F@H Code base that is open source:
https://github.com/FoldingAtHome
ETA:
Now ↞ Very Soon ↔ Soon ↔ Soon-ish ↔ Not Soon ↠ End Of Time

Welcome To The F@H Support Forum Ӂ Troubleshooting Bad WUs Ӂ Troubleshooting Server Connectivity Issues
sweetleon
Hardware configuration: MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)
CPU: 2.3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2 GB
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Post by sweetleon »

Thanks, PantherX! I saw that the web code is open source, and changing that to match the image linked in the initial post for this thread would be pretty easy. But unless I can update FAHClient, the user interface changes will be worse than useless (bc they'd mislead).
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

Right now FAControl and Web Control are open source. I understand that some volunteers have done some work on them, perhaps to be released with a later update. Most of the work though was to update FAHControl so it would not have a dependency on Python 2.7, and could use Python 3.

Eventually the plan is for FAHClient to also be open source. But the resources to get that readied have all gone to COVID-19 server expansion and a quick update of the Version 7 client to add the COVID-19 preference and fix some bugs with the viewer. So going to open source there is currently on hold, maybe ready for release sometime next year.

I get your point though, some items would be misleading without an updated FAHClient. Best you might be able to do was emulate some f that with the existing API calls to FAHClient.

With some modification your script might be usable on a Linux system. Have not done scripting on Windows in a very long time, so have no idea if something could directly derive from this script and be usable.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3