F@H in DOS .. ..

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Spud1200

F@H in DOS .. ..

Post by Spud1200 »

Would it be possible, how would you boot from a USB Stick and thus fold using DOS. Is it possible? Mind you that would be using the Ver.6.23 ..
Jesse_V
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: OS: Windows 10, Kubuntu 19.04
CPU: i7-6700k
GPU: GTX 970, GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 24 GB DDR4

Re: F@H in DOS .. ..

Post by Jesse_V »

I suppose it's theoretically possible, but it's arguably easier to drop Linux Debian or Linux Mint on the same flashdrive, because then you'd actually have a decent environment from which you could easily run V7 and enjoy yourself at the same time. V7 is the recommended client anyway.
F@h is now the top computing platform on the planet and nothing unites people like a dedicated fight against a common enemy. This virus affects all of us. Lets end it together.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Re: F@H in DOS .. ..

Post by 7im »

Windows XP is the oldest supported OS from MS, so no DOS clients. See the requirements section of either the Windows or Linux install guide on the fah web site.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.