GTX 750 Ti now folding

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

bs_texas

GTX 750 Ti now folding

Post by bs_texas »

I created a thread some time ago, viewtopic.php?f=66&t=26307 , that was locked for whatever reason (I'm not a regular forum user here), regarding a new EVGA GTX 750 Ti that wasn't being recognized by FAH.

As I recall, in the other thread I discovered it was considered a GM107 (? maybe) and the log info from the machine said it was unsupported.
Well, I had some other issues with that computer and had to reseat the CPU heatsink and, while I was messing around with that, I completely removed FAH and then completely removed the nVidia driver. Oh, and the machine is running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

I went to folding.stanford.edu and re-downloaded 7.4.4 and then went to nVidia and let them scan my system and point me to the right driver for the GPU. (That was fun for a short while working at 1024x768. ;-)

Anyway, I installed the new nVida driver (I forget which version off hand, but whatever is current right now) and reset the resolution.
Then I resinstalled FAH and gave it my identity and poof... there was the GPU... folding. Advanced Control is telling me it is estimating around 60,000 PPD. What the . . . Ok.
:o

Donor bs_texas
Team justlinux_regulars (36480)
Score 73,901,549 (certificate)
Donor Rank 903 of 1,743,039 (broke into the top 1,000!)
WU 36,951 (certificate)
Date of last
work unit 2014-09-01 22:05:15
bruce

Re: GTX 750 Ti now folding

Post by bruce »

The question of which GPUs are supported depends on two things: A) Having a GPU which is listed as "supported" in the GPUs.txt file (which gets updated from time-to-time and which is expected to be updated by restarting FAH) and B) having drivers that support the required compute functions of OpenCL and CUDA. [Windows drivers supplied by NVidia contain both. Drivers supplied by others (including many Linux drivers) may package those features separately.]

Thanks for the report.

Since you solved the problem, I'll call it closed.