Points Not Accruing?

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

newoski

Points Not Accruing?

Post by newoski »

Hi Guys,

I just started folding this week. I'm on an i5-4690s and the FAHControl Advanced Control Panel indicates I should be receiving around 9-12,000 points per day. I'm completing projects, but I'm only receiving a fraction of the points.

So far, I've only accrued 3,570 points. Nothing close to the estimates...

What am I missing?

My F@H username is the same as the forum

Thanks!
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: Points Not Accruing?

Post by Joe_H »

From the Points FAQ:
The bonus is applied for users who use a passkey, have successfully returned at least 10 bonus-eligible WUs, have successfully returned 80% or more of assigned WUs, and returned the unit before its Timeout (formerly Preferred Deadline). Bonus points do not apply to partial returns.
The client bases its estimates on whether or not you have entered a passkey, but does not have a way of checking to see if you have already completed 10 WU's. So right now you are just receiving the base points for each completed WU. Once you have completed 10 WU's for that username and passkey combination, then future WU's will get the bonus points. Also, it appears that there are two passkeys being used with you username. Neither has completed 10 WU's yet. It is better to just use one passkey, if you thought you were just using one then check to see if a typo or extra space has been included in the passkey entry on a system.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
newoski

Post by newoski »

Thanks very much. That makes sense.

The original passkey was created using my real name -- I since realized it needed to be based on my F@H username, and am now using that one...

That's the correct approach, yes?
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

The passkey does not actually need to be based on your F@H username, could you point out where you got that impression? It is not mentioned as being required on the Passkey FAQ. If it was from a site associated with the project, we would like to see if it could be corrected as you are not the first to have written that they thought it was a requirement.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

newoski wrote:Thanks very much. That makes sense.

The original passkey was created using my real name -- I since realized it needed to be based on my F@H username, and am now using that one...

That's the correct approach, yes?
Not really, as Bruce noted. If the first passkey has a lot more WUs completed, I might go back to that one instead. If about the same number of WUs on each passkey, then it doesn't make a difference which one you choose. Pick one. Keep it.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
newoski

Post by newoski »

Thanks again guys.

Any chance you can let me know the total # of WUs completed on my highest passkey?

Not the passkey itself, just the total WUs completed on the "better" of the two
bollix47

Post by bollix47 »

If you send a PM containing the passkey you want checked to any mod or admin it's qualifications can be checked. As of the time of writing this there are two entries for newoski. One has 2 work units and the other has 8 but we can't see the passkey and have no idea which one you're currently using.