Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

ubikk

Link to GTX 980 client w/ CUDA 6.5

Post by ubikk »

Can someone please suppy the direct link to download the proper GPU client for:

Windows 8.1 64
nVidia GTX 980 - discrete GPU
CUDA 6.5

I clicked around your pages for 10 minutes and was still not certain what was the correct client. I would suggest a page under "Software" that titled "GPU Client downloads" With a table of recent GPUs and a link to the correct client.

Thanks,
Ned.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Re: Link to GTX 980 client w/ CUDA 6.5

Post by 7im »

Click on the "Home" link on the toolbar above to open the Folding@home home page.
Click on the big blue box with the arrow that reads "Start Folding"
Click on the "Download" link.
Run that Folding@home installer.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
Biffa
Hardware configuration: RTX2080Ti
Threadripper 1950X

Post by Biffa »

In other words there is no proper unique client for your config, there is just "the" client that supports all configs in one. :)
bruce

Post by bruce »

The table of supported GPUs (also called the whitelist) can be found here. Anything not on the list is not supported. Older GPUs that do not have positive numbers between the ":::" were once supported but have reached end-of-life as far as FAH is concerned and are no longer supported.