FAH Client WU upload stuck

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

paramonks
Hardware configuration: Win 7, Intel i5 650 @ 3.20 Ghz, 4 Gb Ram, ASUSTeK P5GPL-X, NVidia GeForce 6200 Turbo Cache (yeah it's old - but it works)
Sys tray client

FAH Client WU upload stuck

Post by paramonks »

Hello All,

It's been quite sometime since I have required help using the FAH Client, but I cannot locate the answer to my query.

I seem to have a WU that is stuck, the server it has to upload to has actively been refusing it for quite sometime. So I'm looking to delete the WU and then acquire a new WU for that second core. But I can't find nor remember how to do that. The work unit is 5769 (3, 244, 8002).

Thanks.
bruce

Re: FAH Client WU upload stuck

Post by bruce »

There are two possiblites.

If your internet connection is interrupted while the client is sending/receiving data, communications can only be restored by restarting the client.
If you have completed a WU and received credit but somehow the confirmation message was lost, the client will keep trying to send it while the server will reject it as a duplicate.
paramonks
Hardware configuration: Win 7, Intel i5 650 @ 3.20 Ghz, 4 Gb Ram, ASUSTeK P5GPL-X, NVidia GeForce 6200 Turbo Cache (yeah it's old - but it works)
Sys tray client

Re: FAH Client WU upload stuck

Post by paramonks »

Hello Bruce,
Thanks for that information. My computer does not run 24/7 so the client is regularly stopped and restarted but the WU remains. I have no idea if I have received credit for the WU, I should check. I really do think it needs deleting because I don't know how else to give it the boot. I'm only folding on one core, because the WU is stuck there in it's endless cycle. Thanks.