passkey update question

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

jimerickson
Hardware configuration: Parts:
Asus H370 Mining Master motherboard (X2)
Patriot Viper DDR4 memory 16gb stick (X4)
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 gpu (X16)
Intel Core i7 8700 cpu (X2)
Silverstone 1000 watt psu (X4)
Veddha 8 gpu miner case (X2)
Thermaltake hsf (X2)
Ubit riser card (X16)

passkey update question

Post by jimerickson »

i want to update my passkey to my current email address. if i do so will it affect ranking?
ChristianVirtual

Re: passkey update question

Post by ChristianVirtual »

To my understand yes ... Isn't the passkey some kind of hashed value of donor name and email ?

That said: I would love to change too ...
ImageImage
Please contribute your logs to http://ppd.fahmm.net
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

I am not certain that I understand what you are trying to do. As far as I know, there is no way to update your passkey to a different email address. Entering a new email address will get you an entirely new passkey which would need to be qualified by completing 10 WU's before the username/passkey would get the bonus.

So I would recommend using the same passkey. If you do need to get another and no longer have access to the old email address, then you might want to deal with the re-qualifying issue. Otherwise there is no point to it that I can see.

As for standings, those are kept by username. Using your passkey is a means to distinguish your contributions from another person using the same name.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
jimerickson
Hardware configuration: Parts:
Asus H370 Mining Master motherboard (X2)
Patriot Viper DDR4 memory 16gb stick (X4)
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 gpu (X16)
Intel Core i7 8700 cpu (X2)
Silverstone 1000 watt psu (X4)
Veddha 8 gpu miner case (X2)
Thermaltake hsf (X2)
Ubit riser card (X16)

Post by jimerickson »

yes i meant get a new passkey with my current email address. but at any rate i think i shall take your advice and continue use of my old key.

edit i should add that i no longer have access to the old email address but i have my passkey and config backed up. so it should not be an issue.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

Passkey has no affect on ranking when searching the ranks by FAH User name. However, if you search the ranks by both name and passkey (as those who have a common user name do, if they have no team #), it will obviously change the outcome.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.