Function to turn off PC when WU is done?

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Nantes

Function to turn off PC when WU is done?

Post by Nantes »

I was wondering if the program has this feature. I'd just like to leave my computer unattended and have it automatically turn off when the current WU finishes. How can I achieve this?
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Re: Function to turn off PC when WU is done?

Post by 7im »

Fah doesn't have a feature like that. The design assumes continuous folding.

Try this. On the next work unit, select the finish option. Fah will fold until the work unit is done, then upload, and then stop processing.

Also set the system's power mode to go in to standby when not in use. The CPU idles specifically if the OS supports that.

When fah finishes and goes idle, if nothing else is running, the system should power down/standby/hibernate, whatever.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
Ricky
Hardware configuration: 1. 2 each E5-2630 V3 processors, 64 GB RAM, GTX980SC GPU, and GTX980 GPU running on windows 8.1 operating system.
2. I7-6950X V3 processor, 32 GB RAM, 1 GTX980tiFTW, and 2 each GTX1080FTW GPUs running on windows 8.1 operating system.

Post by Ricky »

I don't believe so. I only know that you can stop folding though with the finish function though. Maybe someone here knows of a program that can monitor for user specified process to not run for a specified period to shut down the PC. If so, the process to monitor would be the cores of FAH.
JimboPalmer

Post by JimboPalmer »

I would not use F@H if the program could power down my PCs whenever it felt like it. In my opinion, that would be an unwise feature to add.
Tsar of all the Rushers
I tried to remain childlike, all I achieved was childish.
A friend to those who want no friends
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

Bill2's Process Manager can achieve this : it allows to create a rule on a process, and trigger actions when something happens (start of the process, inactivity, too much load, end of the process).

The only thing to keep in mind if you monitor Fahcore and turn off the computer when it ends is that the Finish function also sends the WU back after the core is stopped. You'll have to find a way to add delay between the core exit and the computer shut down ...

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.