2 account setup questions

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

prodigal1012

2 account setup questions

Post by prodigal1012 »

my wife and i both have FAH accts on our current pc's.
we both just got dual core replacements and want to setup FAH to work off of both cores as well as leaving our current pc's on our home network working folding as well.
could somebody point me to the faq articles for setting up folding on dual core machines and any which deal with multiple machines on the same account?
i seem to remember that one core had to be console, the other gui but the devil is in the details.....

much thanks
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

First you have to know if you run your machines long enough to run the SMP clients. Or if you will use two standard client by machine.

Then, all you have to do is to setup the same Username and Teamnumber on all your machines (be carefull, Username is case sensitive, "JohnDoe" is not the same as "johndoe" or "John Doe").

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
prodigal1012

setting up dual core machines

Post by prodigal1012 »

our machines generally run 24/7---but, am still not sure where to check for info on how to set up 2 clients/threads on the same machine.
bruce

Re: setting up dual core machines

Post by bruce »

prodigal1012 wrote:our machines generally run 24/7---but, am still not sure where to check for info on how to set up 2 clients/threads on the same machine.
http://fahwiki.net/index.php/FAH_%26_SM ... le_Clients

If this doesn't explain it well enough, ask again.
toTOW
Site Moderator

Re: setting up dual core machines

Post by toTOW »

prodigal1012 wrote:our machines generally run 24/7---but, am still not sure where to check for info on how to set up 2 clients/threads on the same machine.
If your machines run 24/7, you can go for the SMP client ;)

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.