What Happened to 40 Petaflops?

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

foldy
Hardware configuration: Folding@Home Client 7.6.13 (1 GPU slots)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Core i5 2500k@4Ghz
Nvidia gtx 1080ti driver 441

Re: Flop Drop

Post by foldy »

This drop looks like some servers stopped folding maybe 1000 server rack slots with 2x cpus and 8x gpus each outputting 10 TFlops?

Hopefully they get replaced by new hardware and come back with double the performance.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

WMCheerman wrote:I have noticed in the last couple of weeks a steady decline in FLOPS, from a high of about 106 petaflops through today it is around 88 petaFLOPS. Does anyone have any thoughts on this sudden decline? I noticed also the users have drop of has well from just over 100k to in the low 90sK. Is this related to some of the servers going offline? I have also wondered maybe people are switching to NVIDIAs new 1080 & 1070 graphics cards and those cards having issues with F@H? This drop just seems so odd especially after we just got to 100 petaFLOPS.
Summer. It's hot. People stop folding, or reduce their overclock speed. Contributions have always been seasonal. You have been folding long enough to know that.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
mmonnin

Post by mmonnin »

And vacation time too so some production may be off while people are away.
JimboPalmer

Post by JimboPalmer »

Think of thousands of college student slaving away three quarters of the year, deciding to not turn on their computer all summer.
Tsar of all the Rushers
I tried to remain childlike, all I achieved was childish.
A friend to those who want no friends
bruce

Post by bruce »

It's too hot in the Los Angeles area. My machines are turned off for the afternoons.

Then, too, there are quite a few machines set for CPU:7 and they've stopped getting assignments. A fix is in the works.

From the Blog post, FLOPS are, in fact, up.

By the way, this is a support forum with no information on the subject -- just personal opinions. If you want official information, ask on the reddit site.

Topic closed.