Instructions Errata

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Yavanius

Instructions Errata

Post by Yavanius »

http://folding.stanford.edu/home/guide/ ... ide/#ntoc7

Under "How would you like to start the folding client?" there's a bit of a grammar hitch...

Note: The installer will automatically install one or more FAHClient slots to match the computer hardware detected. If multiple CPU cores are detected, an a multi-core CPU slot is installed...

Maybe we need to run the site through Distributed Proofreaders. ;)

Also, incidentally you locked the forum where we were suppose to post "suggestions, corrections, or update recommendations"

Install Guide Updates
I found a better way to install the V7 client, where can I make a suggestion?

The install guides are written and updated by the folding community, and managed by the Pande Group. Please post any suggestions, corrections, or update recommendations to the corresponding Guides topic in the Folding Forum. And thank you for helping to improve the install guides.

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=18081

Was I the only that actually took the time to read the (mostly) carefully prepared instructions? ;)
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Re: Instructions Errata

Post by 7im »

It's actually much worse. There are no more Multi-core slots vs single core slots. Revised to look like this...
Note: The installer will automatically install one or more FAHClient slots to match the computer hardware detected. If one or more CPU cores are detected, a CPU slot is installed. If one or more GPUs are detected, a GPU slot for each GPU is also installed automatically.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.