Suggestion to increase F@H members?

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

bruce

Re: Suggestion to increase F@H members?

Post by bruce »

It's certainly a reasonable idea, but getting enough follow-through with volunteer efforts becomes a bit of a challenge.

In the past, volunteers have been recruited to translate FAH"s web pages into their native language. Those volunteers seem to have abandoned their projects.
ChristianVirtual

Post by ChristianVirtual »

Can help with German ...

For the web or also FAHControl if desired
ImageImage
Please contribute your logs to http://ppd.fahmm.net
foldy
Hardware configuration: Folding@Home Client 7.6.13 (1 GPU slots)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Core i5 2500k@4Ghz
Nvidia gtx 1080ti driver 441

Post by foldy »

If you google "folding@home germany" there are many outdated website parts from folding@home/german
https://www.google.de/search?q=folding% ... e&ie=UTF-8

In my opinion it is more easy and up to date to just use google translate on the english folding@home pages

The folding world map also shows were rich countries are and were are the poorly settled regions.
There will not be many new folders in Africa or East Russia even when the website will be in their languages.
ChristianVirtual

Post by ChristianVirtual »

For us technophiles that's ok, but to tap into the unused capacity of home user not maybe even knowing Google Translate an actual tranlated version makes them feel more welcomed.
ImageImage
Please contribute your logs to http://ppd.fahmm.net
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

bruce wrote:It's certainly a reasonable idea, but getting enough follow-through with volunteer efforts becomes a bit of a challenge.

In the past, volunteers have been recruited to translate FAH"s web pages into their native language. Those volunteers seem to have abandoned their projects.
It's hard to find people to keep the English versions up to date, not to mention translated versions.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.