getting the most out of CPU

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

FAMAS

getting the most out of CPU

Post by FAMAS »

i run in safe mode, set checkpoint timer to 30 minutes to get the most out of cpu. anyone else doing anything to get the most? ideas, thoughts.
ChristianVirtual

Re: getting the most out of CPU

Post by ChristianVirtual »

can you quantify the gain against the pain ? Have you done some comparison ?
ImageImage
Please contribute your logs to http://ppd.fahmm.net
FAMAS

Post by FAMAS »

ChristianVirtual wrote:can you quantify the gain against the pain ? Have you done some comparison ?
i see no pain in booting in safemode. the gain is significant due to not having background services and processes being reduced to bare minimum. i only noticed with my eyes that work units take some hours longer to complete in normal mode.
ComputerGenie

Post by ComputerGenie »

FAMAS wrote:
ChristianVirtual wrote:can you quantify the gain against the pain ? Have you done some comparison ?
...the gain is significant due to not having background services and processes being reduced to bare minimum..
You do know that you can turn stuff off, right?
FAMAS

Post by FAMAS »

ComputerGenie wrote:
FAMAS wrote:
...the gain is significant due to not having background services and processes being reduced to bare minimum..
You do know that you can turn stuff off, right?
manual override of around 150 services and 3 background processes that can be done with 1 reboot. i chose the reboot option.