Not found on clicking on 8680 WU in client

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Yavanius

Not found on clicking on 8680 WU in client

Post by Yavanius »

Attempting to check info on project #8680 in advanced client (Windows) results in:

Folding@home project descriptions

Project 8680

Error: A description for this project does not yet exist.

( http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/fah ... ned?p=8680 )

Further, if you click on 'Folding@home' it takes you to:

http://folding.stanford.edu/home

which doesn't exist:

Not Found
Sorry, but the page you were trying to view does not exist.

Not even a day back and I'm already breaking things. ;)

~Y
bruce

Re: Not found on clicking on 8680 WU in client

Post by bruce »

I've notified the project owner about the missing project description and somebody to fix the link from the web-page. (They decided to relocate a lot of server-based webpage resources and in the process broke a lot of internal links.)
Yavanius

Post by Yavanius »

They should do a sitewide link check. I saw another broken link earlier on the website. I suspect there may be others.

BTW, where are all the FAQs? I remember there being a more comprehensive FAQ. I thought I remembered there was a place you can look up your work but I can't find the 'Answer' that had that info.
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

Many of the links from fah-web.stanford.edu are being migrated to folding.stanford.edu. I have seen that some have already been redirected, for those that have not try the Search function on the newer folding.stanford.edu site.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
bruce

Post by bruce »

Yavanius wrote:They should do a sitewide link check. I saw another broken link earlier on the website. I suspect there may be others.

BTW, where are all the FAQs? I remember there being a more comprehensive FAQ. I thought I remembered there was a place you can look up your work but I can't find the 'Answer' that had that info.
You've been away a long time.

There was once a way to look up individual units that you've worked on but large numbers of people wanted to regenerate large portions of the database and supporting all that re-re-rechecking of detailed information required some pretty powerful database servers. That function was eliminted in favor of presenting just the current totals of points and WUs. If you want to maintain your own database of what you've worked on, you can extract that information from the logs or use a 3rd party tool such as HFM. The FAH website no longer supports that type of query.
vvoelz
Pande Group Member

Post by vvoelz »

Sorry for the missing descriptions! We just became aware this recently, and have posted the descriptions for projects 8670-8682. Hopefully this solves the problem, but let me know if you see any other errors like this from our projects.

Thanks --VInce
Yavanius

Post by Yavanius »

bruce wrote: You've been away a long time.

The FAH website no longer supports that type of query.

Yes I have. Been just BOINC for quite a whiles. I believe Distributed Folding was the last non-BOINC thing I really ran. Might have done Folding for a whiles, but I don't remember.

It's nothing of great need. I figured out what I was trying to do... I'm just getting used to the interfaces. O.o

So expect some more questions of that nature, possibly followed by a "I figured out what I wanted to do..." later on. ;)

~Y