brand new/few questions

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

fancypantsmance

brand new/few questions

Post by fancypantsmance »

I followed the directions on the website to stat folding. I have the tokenly chrome extension, created a user and currently have 12k points. What can I do with these points? Are these the same as foldingcoins? Do I now have 12k foldingcoins? How do I even get foldingcoins? The wallet they said to install in chrome says bitcoin not foldingcoin. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
bruce

Re: brand new/few questions

Post by bruce »

Folding@home was originally designed to be based entirely on the concept of donating to science, and as such, the points only allow you to compare your progress with others (and earn you boasting rights). There are a couple of cybercoin sites which have decided to award coins based on FAH's points, but FAH has no direct connection to those sites.

For more information, search the websites for foldingcoin or curecoin.
JimboPalmer

Post by JimboPalmer »

Points serve many uses.

I can compare hardware by how many points it generates. (I buy many used laptops)
I can configure computers to achieve maximum points, this will be fastest in general.
I can compare my points per Work Unit to other team members. (They seem to have a much larger budget!)
Tsar of all the Rushers
I tried to remain childlike, all I achieved was childish.
A friend to those who want no friends
QuintLeo

Post by QuintLeo »

That would be a foldingcoin support question, not a Folding@Home question.
You might also want to check the bitcointalk forums as they have a foldingcoin thread that can probably answer your question.