List of WUs assigned to me?

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

FinalplayerRyu

List of WUs assigned to me?

Post by FinalplayerRyu »

I am quite new to FAH and was wondering if there is a list of WUs assigned to me? To be more specific, to me as in User, not Client(s). I am asking, because today i read that is not all that good to let WU expire and it should be dumped so it can be reassigned. In my case i tried running a second client on my old laptop but it was way too slow, so i uninstalled FAH on there and now there is a WU that's probably like 15 days or longer in limbo.

Alternatively after i finish my current WU would using "--dump all" work or does that only apply to the WU assigned to that specific client?
ChristianVirtual

Re: List of WUs assigned to me?

Post by ChristianVirtual »

Welcome to the FoldingForum FinalplayerRyu

Book it as "lesson learned" and in the future just delete the slots before you uninstall the FAH client. With the deletion of a slot with an active assignment the WU get removed correctly and noted to the backend servers (exception: in case of multiple slots with same basic technology (e.g. GPU) a WU might move to an different slot; thats why delete all slots to make sure ...).

I'm not sure if the uninstaller leave the log files on the laptop; you might find the log files and in there the history of the WU on that laptop. But even then that information is not enough to dump the WU "after the fact". There might be ways in the backend to achieve the same but I doubt someone now between Xmas and new year will act on it; even more for a single WU.

To you last question: only to the WU on the specific client ...

I'm sure we all have the one or other WU killed the way you did; at least I did. Don't feel too bad about it and just look after work-in-progress the next time.

Wish you a happy new year
ImageImage
Please contribute your logs to http://ppd.fahmm.net