projects you've contributed to

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

argonaut

projects you've contributed to

Post by argonaut »

It'd be good if you could see the list of projects (project number with a link to project description) to which you've contributed over time, on your stats page. The FAH control shows the current work unit's project, but that information gets lost when the work unit changes.
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: projects you've contributed to

Post by Joe_H »

This was a feature that used to be available years ago. It was removed about 10 years ago due to high load on the stats database server that prevented it from being able to update the database with new entries.

Currently if a person wants to keep track of WU's and which projects have been worked on, that is left to third party applications. One such app is HFM.net.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
bruce

Re: projects you've contributed to

Post by bruce »

FAH doesn't track that information... and it would be a MASSIVE database search to digest every WU that every person has ever completed. Then it would need to be digested into your WUs and sorted by project to arrive at numbers you're asking for. (And since knowing that information would contribute zero to the scientific research, FAH's project scientists aren't really interested in that information.)