Help: Unable to Modify Team

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: Help: Unable to Modify Team

Post by Joe_H »

I haven't heard anything specific, but a question about a team name change that I answered yesterday with a pointer to the app, appears to have resulted in a successful modification. YMMV

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
TxRedneck

Post by TxRedneck »

Joe_H wrote:I haven't heard anything specific, but a question about a team name change that I answered yesterday with a pointer to the app, appears to have resulted in a successful modification. YMMV
Hola Joe_H and thanks for your response,

I just tried again after reading your response here and it behaved as before. It indicates that the modification is successful, but when you go back and search via team number, it shows the old info. By chance, would you know who to escalate this with or be able to pass it on to the "powers that be"? I'm sure it's of very low priority and that's fine, it'd just be nice to get our companies folding team branding in line with our product branding. :D

Tx
RamosXN40

Post by RamosXN40 »

Hello, I have also been trying for a few weeks to change my team name (team 38101) I resurrected my old team from many years ago, and was looking to refresh it. Every time I insert new information and click modify, the page says it was successful. However searching again, it has not changed. Thank you for your assistance and I understand it’s low priority.

-Alex
skraelings

Post by skraelings »

I too am having issues trying to change my team name. It just doesnt seem to do anything when I hit modify to save the new name.
the-simian
Hardware configuration: 2x Nvidia Titan X

Post by the-simian »

Hi i'm experiencing the same issue, I'm wanting tom modify the team name. I've entered the password and all the information. When I click Modify it indicates success, but when I look it up again? same old information! Does it just take time to update? Thanks!
TxRedneck

Post by TxRedneck »

the-simian wrote:Hi i'm experiencing the same issue, I'm wanting tom modify the team name. I've entered the password and all the information. When I click Modify it indicates success, but when I look it up again? same old information! Does it just take time to update? Thanks!
I've been trying to modify my team info for several weeks now as well, but this seems to be a very low priority item all things considered.

Tx
jcoffland
Site Admin

Post by jcoffland »

It can take a few minutes for the cache to update. Please provide team numbers and the names you are trying to change them to. Then I can check it manually.
Cauldron Development LLC
http://cauldrondevelopment.com/
TxRedneck

Post by TxRedneck »

jcoffland wrote:It can take a few minutes for the cache to update. Please provide team numbers and the names you are trying to change them to. Then I can check it manually.
Thank you sir! 32035 and Team PCMatic F@H is what we'd like change to.
TxRedneck

Post by TxRedneck »

jcoffland wrote:It can take a few minutes for the cache to update. Please provide team numbers and the names you are trying to change them to. Then I can check it manually.
Afternoon sir,

Have you had the opportunity to look into the Team Modification problem(s)?

Tx
Bozo

Post by Bozo »

Team 23 Team Picard

I am down as the founder, but having same problem.

Don't want to do anything drastic. our old forum is gone - we are trying to set up a new one, I can log in ok says it saved the changes but nothing happens have tried a few times over the last few days - thought it was just me and was directed here. We have a number of new members running folding and they have probably never had any contact with other members in the team - this might just be seen by afew of them.

If somebody is able to help just want to change URL to :

https://teampicard.freeforums.net/
patrick_mclendon

Post by patrick_mclendon »

I've tried several times to modify team 261194. Although it says the modifications were successful, nothing gets updated from any of the fields I have changed.
PantherX
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: V7.6.21 -> Multi-purpose 24/7
Windows 10 64-bit
CPU:2/3/4/6 -> Intel i7-6700K
GPU:1 -> Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
§
Retired:
2x Nvidia GTX 1070
Nvidia GTX 675M
Nvidia GTX 660 Ti
Nvidia GTX 650 SC
Nvidia GTX 260 896 MB SOC
Nvidia 9600GT 1 GB OC
Nvidia 9500M GS
Nvidia 8800GTS 320 MB

Intel Core i7-860
Intel Core i7-3840QM
Intel i3-3240
Intel Core 2 Duo E8200
Intel Core 2 Duo E6550
Intel Core 2 Duo T8300
Intel Pentium E5500
Intel Pentium E5400

Post by PantherX »

Apologies for the delay in response. Please note that there have been some back-end changes done so if you have previously had issues, can you please try to do it again?
ETA:
Now ↞ Very Soon ↔ Soon ↔ Soon-ish ↔ Not Soon ↠ End Of Time

Welcome To The F@H Support Forum Ӂ Troubleshooting Bad WUs Ӂ Troubleshooting Server Connectivity Issues
Bozo

Post by Bozo »

Sorry now getting the following error.

ERROR: Team modify failed
Failed to update team, not authorized

I am using same email and password as I did previously when it kept saying modifications were successful but not saving them
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

Then try resetting the password.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
Bozo

Post by Bozo »

Joe_H wrote:Then try resetting the password.
Unfortunately I no longer have access to that email account so if i have to take any access to confirm it I wont be able to.

I am confident the password i am using is correct though as it did work when originally trying to change.