Uninstall software malfunctioning

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Aiviaghost

Uninstall software malfunctioning

Post by Aiviaghost »

Hi! I'm completely new to FAH, literally just installed it yesterday. For various reasons I decided to reinstall the program earlier today and did it by first using the uninstaller according to the FAH website. My problem is that the uninstaller did not only uninstall FAH but proceeded to uninstall all the programs in my x86 folder. I stopped before it was completely finished since I saw it displaying file paths that were unrelated to FAH.
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this in or if this is simply me missing some key information. Just thought I would let you guys know since this could be a serious issue for new contributors.
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: Uninstall software malfunctioning

Post by Joe_H »

Welcome to the folding support forum.

This has been known to happen with older versions of the client software, which version were you using? Generally it has been the result of not following the directions and installing somewhere other than the default locations.

The link to the directions you found on the FAH website would also be useful to have.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
Aiviaghost

Re: Uninstall software malfunctioning

Post by Aiviaghost »

This was the installer I used "fah-installer_7.5.1_x86.exe". I did however move the install location to my secondary drive since my primary drive is a little full at the moment. I followed these uninstall instructions "https://foldingathome.org/support/faq/i ... uninstall/" but since I am using windows 10 I clicked uninstall in the program list in windows which brought me to the interface shown in the instruction page I linked.
Personally this is not a big issue for me (Kinda needed to clean up the drive anyway), I just wanted let you guys know in case this was not a known issue.