Statistics

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Ren02

Statistics

Post by Ren02 »

The Client Statistics currently groups the stats by the OS only. Would it be possible to group these stats by different cores as well?
The GPU and PS3 are easily seperatable as they currently have just one core (GROGPU and GRO-PS3 respectively) but the Linux, Mac and Windows have several which are spread across the platforms.
The SMP subforums seem most active here. How many SMP clients are actually out there and how many FLOPS do they rake in?
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

I think SMP forum are most active because it's still a beta software, so there are more issues with them :roll:

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
Ren02

Post by Ren02 »

Yes, that's very likely.
That's why I'd like to get some statistics to put thing into perspective. How big a contribution to the total folding progress do the SMP-folders actually give?
codysluder

Post by codysluder »

Do you really mean you'd like to see it by different "cores" or by different "clients"? At one time Tinker and Amber were very common. I think it has been a couple years since I've seen either one. Do you care whether it's GROMACS33 or DGROMACS or GROST or GROSIMT or GBGROMACS or DGROMACSB or just plain GROMACS?

I think you mean you'd like to see the standard uniprocessor client separated (which does all of those, combined).
Ren02

Re: Statistics

Post by Ren02 »

If you look at the project summary page, then every project has the core (and I do mean GROMACS33 or GRO-SMP or GROSIMT) specified. It would be interesting to know how many people are processing each project and what's the FLOPS capacity but I figure that would be over the top. :wink: Still, the current client statistics is way too general, Windows, Linux and OS X can all process a variety of overlapping projects with overlapping cores. So a slightly more detailed stats page would be appreciated. 8-)
tom van der spiet

Post by tom van der spiet »

Hi there,

Situation:
I'm running F@H on PS3 and now also on my PC.
I've created a team on my PS3 and entered the team number in the F@H software on my PC.

The "problem":
From my PC I can go to my "Team Statistics"; It gives me the results of my PS3
From my PC I can go to my "USer Statistics"; It gives me the results of my PC.

The Question:

(I'm still working on the first WU on my PC. :roll: )
I would like to see the results of my PC and my PS3 added together in one team result page.
Is this possible at the moment :?: ?

Thanks in advance :D !
Best regards,
tom

http://www.headless.org
Jeannie

Post by Jeannie »

If you configure both clients to have the same team number and user name, then the statistics for both clients will show up together in the statistics page, starting from when you change the configurations (you can't re-assign the points already earned one one team/user to another team/user). I'm running 5 clients all with the same team/user name, and they are all showing up together in the statistics.
tom van der spiet

Jeannie wrote:If you configure both clients to have the same team number and user name, then the statistics for both clients will show up together in the statistics page, starting from when you change the configurations (you can't re-assign the points already earned one one team/user to another team/user). I'm running 5 clients all with the same team/user name, and they are all showing up together in the statistics.

Ok, thx Jeannie !!
And can you see the contributions of each separate machine, so that you can compare them? Or do you only get the total count of these 5 machines?
I would like to see the former.
greetz,
tom
Jeannie

Post by Jeannie »

If you use the same user/team for both clients, then the overall statistics will be combined and you won't see separate statistics for each client. That's what I do, running five different clients.

But I also run FAH-MON (see 3rd party software section), which I use to see progress on all five clients on a continuing basis - that's how I 'compare' them (seeing, for example, how many Points Per Day - PPD - each client is giving me, estimated finish times for each client, etc.).

I'm running with a team with more than 40 active users, so the 'combined' statistics I can see from the FAH site or the Kakao site fit my personal preferences.
tom van der spiet

Presently my first WU on my PC is finished.
And now I see the results are presented together with the results of the PS3 on the team-statisticspage but each as a different member. While also the totalcredits are presented; That's the way I like it :D
Thanks for the response,
Best regards,
tom
bruce

Post by bruce »

tom van der spiet wrote:Presently my first WU on my PC is finished.
And now I see the results are presented together with the results of the PS3 on the team-statisticspage but each as a different member. While also the totalcredits are presented; That's the way I like it :D
Thanks for the response,
Best regards,
tom
If you want to use the concept of "team" to mean all of your computers and the concept of "UserName" to mean each one of them, it will work as you describe. If you want other people to join your team, you won't have a subtotal that includes only your work.

Currently the FAH client (and the stats) is transitioning from V5 to V6 and the concept of a passkey is being added. Once most people upgrade their clients to V6, other options will become available. (The PS3 client is functionally much like v5 on the PC and doesn't yet have a passkey. I'm sure it will be added some time soon.)