Cant get keypass email

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

K3wk

Cant get keypass email

Post by K3wk »

Hi

I`ve requested for my passkey now twice but I don`t get an email with my key?

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: Cant get keypass email

Post by Joe_H »

They are aware of a problem that keeps some sites from accepting the emails and are working on it. Check you email again later to see if yours is among the queued up passkey emails that should go out once this is fixed.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
K3wk

Post by K3wk »

Ok Thank you
saad3000

Post by saad3000 »

same problem, never got a key. :(
saad3000

Post by saad3000 »

Hello, any updates about the key problem?
nshorts_nhs
Hardware configuration: Multiple servers, laptops, and desktops.

Post by nshorts_nhs »

I had to request one to gmail, fwiw. I've seen similar posts with the same result.
Nick Shorts
nick(a)nickandhillary(dot)com
Director, Information Technology
Nexus Health Systems
https://www.nexuscontinuum.com
Joe_H
Site Admin

Post by Joe_H »

Emails are going out, they still are tracking down which sites blocked the mailer and working on getting blocks removed.

saad3000

Post by saad3000 »

Thank you Joe, I will request another key to see if it works now. As previous keys never arrived to mail work mail account.
saad3000

Post by saad3000 »

Passkey sent. Please check your email.

I tried couple of times with no email in my inbox.
vRick

Post by vRick »

FYI
I requested a key to my O365 Exchange Online email account and it didn't come through.
I saw the post above about trying a gmail email address and it worked right away.
My plan is to just secure both keys and only use the one sent to my gmail account so I can get crack'n now!

FWIW... but the same O365 email account worked just fine just now for getting the registration confirmation link so I could make this post ;)

Thanks to admin team for providing this service.
saad3000

Post by saad3000 »

I used my gmail account and it worked out.

O365 (work email) never worked :(
Joe_H
Site Admin

Post by Joe_H »

vRick wrote:FWIW... but the same O365 email account worked just fine just now for getting the registration confirmation link so I could make this post
The registration email for the foldingforum.org is hosted on a different system, and is totally separate from the passkey emailer which is a) - new, and b) - comes from foldingathome.org. The newness is part of the problem, it was set up to replace a email account on gmail that was limited in how many messages it could send. Getting the new emailer recognized has been a continuing issue, all of the DNS entries are or should be there now. But some mail providers had blocked it in the meantime, and need to be contacted individually to get blocks removed.

ricardorocha

Post by ricardorocha »

Hi.

I've tried this a few days ago for the CERN team - the previous account owner moved to a different country a few years go.

Still having issues, he tried to set both my gmail and CERN email and in both cases i didn't receive any reset email (spam, junk, etc all checked). Is there an alternative for this?

Thanks.

Ricardo
Joe_H
Site Admin

Post by Joe_H »

ricardorocha wrote:Hi.

I've tried this a few days ago for the CERN team - the previous account owner moved to a different country a few years go.

Still having issues, he tried to set both my gmail and CERN email and in both cases i didn't receive any reset email (spam, junk, etc all checked). Is there an alternative for this?

Thanks.

Ricardo
Are you asking about a password, and contact change for a folding team registration? That is a different problem than getting a passkey to use with the folding client. Changes are being accepted, but for some reason they are not propagating. It is on a list of things that need to be checked into, but are lower priority than the work and assignment servers.

ricardorocha

Post by ricardorocha »

Joe_H wrote:
ricardorocha wrote:Hi.

Thanks.

Ricardo
Are you asking about a password, and contact change for a folding team registration? That is a different problem than getting a passkey to use with the folding client. Changes are being accepted, but for some reason they are not propagating. It is on plist of things that need to be checked into, but are lower priority than the work and assignment servers.
Yes, we would like to update the team (38188) name to match the larger number of users contributing to it, which includes partners that are not CERN based. For that i've contacted the previous team owner who tried to pass it on but i understand now why i'm not getting any reset email, thanks for the reply.

We're keen on helping with any infrastructure needs you have as well, let us know.