The worst software I have ever seen.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

michelv

Re: The worst software I have ever seen.

Post by michelv »

HaloJones wrote:[off topic]
ethnic minorities generally have less disposable income, are less likely to have health insurance, are less likely to be able to work from home, less likely to be able to have the time for exercise, likely to be in less healthy living conditions, less able to eat healthily, etc.

lots of contributing factors to shift the survivability odds
Indeed. Seeing trends (covariation) does not mean there is causality.
In my country there is very clear proof of a direct link to old age, male and overweight.
michelv

Post by michelv »

iceman1992 wrote: Exactly my thoughts. In the long run Cancer or Alzheimer's will kill many many more people than Covid19, we all should encourage people to continue afterwards.
You are forgetting about old age...
Won't go into that discussion to far, but when this COVID19 stuff is over, I will move happily away again to more urgent matters (eg climate change, Massive overpopulation of _H. sapiens_) using a real distributed and open software (BOINC).
v00d00
Hardware configuration: FX8320e (6 cores enabled) @ stock,
- 16GB DDR3,
- Zotac GTX 1050Ti @ Stock.
- Gigabyte GTX 970 @ Stock
Debian 9.

Running GPU since it came out, CPU since client version 3.
Folding since Folding began (~2000) and ran Genome@Home for a while too.
Ran Seti@Home prior to that.

Post by v00d00 »

PantherX wrote: I do know that there was a case were it was confirmed that a donor was illegally installing F@H on systems and folding. After an investigation, and confirmation of that behavior, all the points were zeroed out under that username's passkey. While not frequent, it has happened so that's why a passkey is needed... to protect your identity.
Two or three as I remember. Jethroted was one and the name of the other escapes me, but it came after the JT incident. Long ago, back in the dark ages of risky behaviour and borging machines.