Info about the current status

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

mmajcica

Info about the current status

Post by mmajcica »

In last 48h I received 2 WU's for my GPU to process and 0 for the CPU. What is being done to get all of this available resources at work? For weeks we are talking about the upgrades but we still nothing. Is there a page where we can follow up the progress? When is it expected for this to get back to normal?
JimboPalmer

Re: Info about the current status

Post by JimboPalmer »

So far, we see huge growth in the number of volunteer donors, almost matched by growth in hardware. There is no telling when the growth in donors levels off.

I found this chart, measured in Points Per Day, that shows the growth in results. (look at weekly, that was most obvious)
https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com ... ary.php?s=

It will be Monday soon, more researchers will get to work and be startled (again) how the weekend grew. I am optimistic that infrastructure will grow on weekdays. They will get closer to caught up until next weekend.
I am not sure when that quits being the new normal. (I am averaging half of my former production, but I am not dwelling on it, much)
Tsar of all the Rushers
I tried to remain childlike, all I achieved was childish.
A friend to those who want no friends
mmajcica

Post by mmajcica »

So basically, the project can't saturate all of the resources at disposition.
Any news about the stats site, it hasn't updated for me since Friday?
mmajcica

Post by mmajcica »

This best page to follow up the progress seems to be https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/

I'm really curious if all of the available 'power' get's pushed to a max, what sort of performance are we going to see!
Neil-B
Hardware configuration: 1: 2x Xeon E5-2697v3@2.60GHz, 512GB DDR4 LRDIMM, SSD Raid, Win10 Ent 20H2, Quadro K420 1GB, FAH 7.6.21
2: Xeon E3-1505Mv5@2.80GHz, 32GB DDR4, NVME, Win10 Pro 20H2, Quadro M1000M 2GB, FAH 7.6.21 (actually have two of these)
3: i7-960@3.20GHz, 12GB DDR3, SSD, Win10 Pro 20H2, GTX 750Ti 2GB, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, FAH 7.6.21

Post by Neil-B »

Simply answer no it can't at the moment .. but it has expanded significantly as it trying to catch up - a knock on of that is the stats delays .. these type of challenges take time to resolve (not mins/hours/days but weeks/monthly) but real progress is being made .. given that the resource pool appears to still be growing rapidly catching up is really not simple .. and I bet the team also want to see all these resources pushing at max :)

... an issue they will have to contend with is scaling up in a way that can be scale down as when almost inevitably the bubble bursts and a fair proportion of the new pandemic focused folders (not that this isnt a good reason go be folding) go back to their other stuff .. this applies to both home folders and the big efforts for organisations.
2x Xeon E5-2697v3, 512GB DDR4 LRDIMM, SSD Raid, W10-Ent, Quadro K420
Xeon E3-1505Mv5, 32GB DDR4, NVME, W10-Pro, Quadro M1000M
i7-960, 12GB DDR3, SSD, W10-Pro, GTX1080Ti
i9-10850K, 64GB DDR4, NVME, W11-Pro, RTX3070

(Green/Bold = Active)
JimboPalmer

Post by JimboPalmer »

mmajcica wrote:I'm really curious if all of the available 'power' get's pushed to a max, what sort of performance are we going to see!
If you look at the graph I posted above and look at Users active, we went from 15.000 active users on 3/12, to 175,000 active users now. Nearly 12x growth.
If you look at Weekly, we went from 20m PPD to 80m PPD, about 4 times growth.

So we have a theoretical 3x growth in results achievable with the current PCs, if they can find more server power.
Tsar of all the Rushers
I tried to remain childlike, all I achieved was childish.
A friend to those who want no friends