Are there any indications on FAHControl for beta projects?

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Are there any indications on FAHControl for beta projects?

Postby iceman1992 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:51 am

I'm interested in joining the beta team, and for that I need to give good feedback, but I can't sit here constantly monitoring which projects are currently running and whether they're beta projects or not.
Any visual indications if a project is in beta? A notification would be even better.
iceman1992

Re: Are there any indications on FAHControl for beta project

Postby HaloJones » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:26 pm

Not that I know of. Part of being a beta team member is paying attention to what the work is, what your machine(s) are doing and reporting back. If you aren't constantly obsessing over what is happening you may not be of the appropriate mindset for the beta team :D
1x Titan X, 5x 1070, 1x 970, 1 x Ryzen 3600

HaloJones

Postby iceman1992 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:28 pm

HaloJones wrote:If you aren't constantly obsessing over what is happening you may not be of the appropriate mindset for the beta team :D

Haha yeah, but it's not about mindset, just that I'm pretty busy with work to be obsessing about it all the time. :lol:
iceman1992

Postby PantherX » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:23 am

You can use HFM.NET to collect the data and check to see what projects are in beta and see if HFM.NET has any of them. Also, stalled systems would need to be monitored. Have a read of the rules and see what you think of them :)
ETA:
Now ↞ Very Soon ↔ Soon ↔ Soon-ish ↔ Not Soon ↠ End Of Time

Welcome To The F@H Support Forum Ӂ Troubleshooting Bad WUs Ӂ Troubleshooting Server Connectivity Issues
PantherX
Site Moderator

Postby bruce » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:25 am

There are reqular announcements of new projects when they appear in Beta. As a memeber of the beta team, you will have R/W access to the beta forum and you can see what else is being discussed. When I'm running with the beta flag set, i generally check daily for new error messages and make any reports that seem appropriate. When my clients are going to be unmonitored for a few days I remove the beta flag or switch to Advanced.
bruce

Return to Discussions of General-FAH topics