How to show local times in FAH log file

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Scott_AU

How to show local times in FAH log file

Post by Scott_AU »

b-morgan wrote:While I can understand the desire to have everyone using the same time standard, it would be useful when troubleshooting to have an occasional entry in the log file indicating the local time
Discussed many years ago, I too wanted to look at FAH log with local times. I found a way to do this with an old version of an open source tool called LogExpert v1.5 (for Windows+.Net 2.0). Here is what your view will look like with times at at start of line displayed as YOUR local time:

Here is what you need
  • LogExpert 1.5 or LogExpert 1.5.1
  • RegexColumnizer.dll plugin use this Regex string (see setting dialogs in image above):

Code: Select all

(?<Time>........)(?<Msg>.+)
Optional
  • my settings file for LogExpert 1.5 - use import option which will replace your exist LogExpert settings, contains settings for log lines in colour. After import, review all the path names under Configure menu, and adjust for your setup.
Links How to install
  • Unzip LogExpert v1.5 to where you want to install it (eg. C:\APP\LogExpert)
  • Unzip RegexColumnizer into plugin folder eg. C:\APP\LogExpert\plugins. For v1.5.1 put in C:\APP\LogExpert
Newer versions of RegexColumnizer plugin lack the "convert timestamps to local time zone" option. I did a test run with the older RegexColumnizer.dll with the newer LogExpert (.Net 4) v1.5.1 and it worked (the DLL was built with .Net 2.0). I have not tested LogExpert with Win 10.
Don't ask why, yes, I run older OS version because I know how and mitigate the security risk. No OS has 100% security.
bruce

Re: How to show local times in FAH log file

Post by bruce »

Jusst remember that if we ask you to post your log, we won't be able to associate your local time with anything else. e.g.-If you can't get an assignment, we'll check and find you have no valid reason to complain.
Scott_AU

Re: How to show local times in FAH log file

Post by Scott_AU »

bruce wrote:Jusst remember that if we ask you to post your log, we won't be able to associate your local time with anything else. e.g.-If you can't get an assignment, we'll check and find you have no valid reason to complain.
This is for only local viewing with local times. The original log is unchanged and viewing directly in any editor will still show UTC times. For support you send the local UNCHANGED log file. Logexpert most likely appeals and is inteneded for power users.
Don't ask why, yes, I run older OS version because I know how and mitigate the security risk. No OS has 100% security.