Missing slots tab.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Missing slots tab.

Postby cine.chris » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:31 am

My systems are all running Windows 7.6.13.
This has happened to me several times, typically when GPUs get shuffled, as I like to tinker.
This evening the mobo on my primary monitoring station died. It was replaced with a mobo that supported only one GPU.
Restarting FAH no GPUs were visible, even with the same GPU in slot 0, also, selecting Configure the only visible tab was Connection, all the other tabs were missing. This has occurred several times and the only fix for me has been an uninstall, removing data.
Is there a workaround to restore the slots tab & not lose WUs & not reconfig the host?
cine.chris

Re: Missing slots tab.

Postby Joe_H » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:52 am

The client keeps copies of the last 16 config.xml files in a folder in the same location as your log files and the current config.xml.

But for a hardware change that drastic, your best option is to uninstall along with the data and reinstall. Hardware detection works best from the installer.

Basically what you described is the appearance when FAHControl can not make a connection to the background FAHClient process, the status will remain at "Connecting" instead of "Online" Just the Connection tab will show using Configure, the rest need a working connection to FAHClient.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
Joe_H
Site Admin

Return to Discussions of General-FAH topics