App/system crashes a lot

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Forcinghavok

App/system crashes a lot

Post by Forcinghavok »

I am sorry but I swear this has to be the worst programed application that was created. You guys haven't updated the app in ages since covid. Since covid there has been 2 updates or more. Now I get errors left and right on CPU and GPU :

WARNING:WU01:FS01:FahCore returned: BAD_WORK_UNIT (114 = 0x72)

ERROR:Receive error: 10054: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. (WAHTS THAT?????????)

22:53:31:WARNING:WU02:FS00:Server did not like results, dumping (WAHTS THIS LOL SERVER DIDN'T LIKE THE RESULTS, LMAO LMAo lmao, lol YEA RIGHT.)

WU02:FS00:Sending unit results: id:02 state:SEND error:FAULTY project:14816 run:1984 clone:4 gen:27 core:0xa7 unit:0x0000001d455e42065ec7ce61bddc121e

FAULTY PROJECT, ARE YOU KIDDING ME, lol lol lol good programming.

WARNING:WU01:FS01:Too many errors, failing. lol lol whaTS THIS TOO MANNY ERRORS. YEA RIGHT.

I get bad work units all the time now. My system crashes like every few hours. Don't say its not the app because it is. I have ran your cpu tests, ram tests, gpu tests with those specific benchmark apps and the system doesn't crash. I am also running high intensity games which are heavy on the gpu and for some reason your app still crashes on GPU with bad work units or whatever.

Please fix these problems and we can crunch these proteins. I have been with f@h since like 2002. just saying.
Crawdaddy79

Re: App/system crashes a lot

Post by Crawdaddy79 »

Not really an appropriate thread.

If it's any help, I was able to play s00p3r 1nt3nz3 g@m3S but ONLY when folding did I have regular crashes. I did have the occasional crash when gaming, but chalked it up to bad drivers.

Long story short, I replaced my video card about a week ago.

JimboPalmer

Post by JimboPalmer »

Forcinghavok, if you don't post the first 200 lines of your log, where it shows your configuration, all we can do is wish you good luck.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=26036

shows how to post it.

Good luck!

(When i was an application programmer, I listened to the users, I read the PC applications log, I read the communication server log and I read the mainframe log, different perspectives speed answers. Especially true for my users in Quebec, as I do not speak French. Here on F@H I don't have access to server logs, so I spend more time guessing. You get to decide if I can make any guesses)

I am sorry you dislike error messages. Here is what I read:

Code: Select all

ERROR:Receive error: 10054: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. (WAHTS THAT?????????)

22:53:31:WARNING:WU02:FS00:Server did not like results, dumping (WAHTS THIS LOL SERVER DIDN'T LIKE THE RESULTS, LMAO LMAo lmao, lol YEA RIGHT.)

WU02:FS00:Sending unit results: id:02 state:SEND error:FAULTY project:14816 run:1984 clone:4 gen:27 core:0xa7 unit:0x0000001d455e42065ec7ce61bddc121e

FAULTY PROJECT, ARE YOU KIDDING ME, lol lol lol good programming. 
The first message indicates that your PC thought the conversation was ongoing and the server did not. Your PC cannot know why the server hung up. (Might be a networking problem) Have you never been talking along on the phone and realized the other party hung up a while back?

The second message indicates that what you sent was not what the server received. (Bad Modem? lousy ISP?) In theory, you always add error detection and/or correction code to your communications. If the code does not match, you reject that transmission.

The third error hints that the Work Unit you sent was not being waited for by the server. (again, this could be a communications error, or your WU is so old the server forgot it ever issued it)

Do you have another ISP? Are you on WiFi and have Ethernet cable available? Can you use your cell phone as a hot spot and take the ISP out of the picture?

In any case, the program is telling you what it thinks is wrong and you are not reading the messages to get help, only to disparage the messenger.
Tsar of all the Rushers
I tried to remain childlike, all I achieved was childish.
A friend to those who want no friends
bruce

Post by bruce »

JimboPalmer wrote:ERROR:Receive error: 10054: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
I always ignore that message. If something else indicates a problem, I deal with that problem. Most of the time I can't figure out what conversation was interrupted, and when I can, the message still doesn't give me any information I needed.
PantherX
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: V7.6.21 -> Multi-purpose 24/7
Windows 10 64-bit
CPU:2/3/4/6 -> Intel i7-6700K
GPU:1 -> Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
§
Retired:
2x Nvidia GTX 1070
Nvidia GTX 675M
Nvidia GTX 660 Ti
Nvidia GTX 650 SC
Nvidia GTX 260 896 MB SOC
Nvidia 9600GT 1 GB OC
Nvidia 9500M GS
Nvidia 8800GTS 320 MB

Intel Core i7-860
Intel Core i7-3840QM
Intel i3-3240
Intel Core 2 Duo E8200
Intel Core 2 Duo E6550
Intel Core 2 Duo T8300
Intel Pentium E5500
Intel Pentium E5400

Post by PantherX »

Forcinghavok wrote:...I am also running high intensity games which are heavy on the gpu and for some reason your app still crashes on GPU with bad work units or whatever...
Please note that games using different computational pathways and hardware when compared to folding. Folding uses the compute pathways and different hardware so comparison between the two isn't a fair. Moreover, errors in gaming can result in a discolored pixel which can be easily be overlooked but for folding, that's easy to detect. Thus, generally speaking, folding stressed your GPU much more than a triple A game.

We would like to view your log files to provide specific guidance for your system and help you continue contributing :)
ETA:
Now ↞ Very Soon ↔ Soon ↔ Soon-ish ↔ Not Soon ↠ End Of Time

Welcome To The F@H Support Forum Ӂ Troubleshooting Bad WUs Ӂ Troubleshooting Server Connectivity Issues
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

The first two posts here are completely useless reports ... the only thing that helps is to post the logs from FAH client.

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.