Can't Access Stats Report

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Can't Access Stats Report

Postby JulianM » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:20 pm

Hi there

For the last couple of days, I have been unable to load the stats page. Is this a known problem? On the first attempt it doesn't load, on subsequent attempts, it displays the message "Bad Gateway". All other functions, including folding and team, OS and other donor stats display fine.

All the best
Julian
JulianM

Re: Can't Access Stats Report

Postby PantherX » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:00 pm

Welcome to the F@H Forum JulianM,

Thanks for pointing that out. I can confirm that I too can't load the individual Stats report. I will notify the correct people for this :)
ETA:
Now ↞ Very Soon ↔ Soon ↔ Soon-ish ↔ Not Soon ↠ End Of Time

Welcome To The F@H Support Forum Ӂ Troubleshooting Bad WUs Ӂ Troubleshooting Server Connectivity Issues
PantherX
Site Moderator

Postby MantisMan13 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:21 pm

I've been seeing this come and go frequently over the last few weeks. Happening again now where I can't get to the team page and get the bad gateway error or the page will take a very long time to load. Same with Donner. This reminds me of how pages might act if the database query is having issues with handle requests and connection threads timing out. If they are using MYSQL, a check to the slow query log and some table maintenance may be in order to get indexes working correctly again.
MantisMan13

Postby PantherX » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:29 pm

It is now working fine for me. I got an update and there's no issue from F@H side. It might be a routing or a network issue which means that there's very little (if anything) that can be done to fix it.
PantherX
Site Moderator

Postby bruce » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:32 am

I saw a message saying that a problem with the stats sever was resolved. It didn't specify what problem, but the event's time corresponds to when you started getting stats reports again. Coincidence? Perhaps; perhaps not.
bruce

Postby Brian_S_Wilson » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:34 pm

I added a new workstation to my team today and suddenly I can't see the team stats any more. Anyone else seeing this issue?

Just checked again. After 15 minutes, I'm now seeing the stats now.
Brian_S_Wilson

Postby SandyG » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:27 pm

Same here, 'Bad Gateway' or page just hangs. This seems to be only on the individual stats check. If I look on the stats pages under different categories they call come up. If I do a donor specific search or click the link on the local processing status page it hosed with the bad gateway message.
SandyG

Postby bruce » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:12 am

I'm going to make a guess.

The "bad gateway" message is often a sign that the connection to the server is overloaded. If we accept that explanation as applying to you, and the fact that FAH strongly discourages gathering too much detail from the database rather than choosing to download the flat files, we quickly arrive at the fact that too many people are trying to extract too many details.

This might or might not apply.
bruce

Return to Discussions of General-FAH topics