Not issuing Point certificate?

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Xavier Zepherious

Not issuing Point certificate?

Post by Xavier Zepherious »

im trying to get my point certificate for milestone (donor statistics)
but every time i go to stats page and click on my points im getting WU certificate(downloading) and not the points one

i click on wus i get WU certificate
i click on points i get Wu certificate
Knish

Re: Not issuing Point certificate?

Post by Knish »

go to the URL and delete the extra bits at the end starting from the ampersand (&)
Xavier Zepherious

Post by Xavier Zepherious »

yeah i did that got it

but it should be a simple fix on the website that should have been done long ago

what???.... you don't have a few mins to shave off some code and reupload the page
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

There is one paid developer for the entire F@h project, he has been tasked in the past with doing some urgent fixes to the pages. But mostly his current work is on the server code, keeping the servers updated and working, configuring new servers as they become available, and some work on the client code.

Now they have taken on some volunteers to work on the website, possibly work towards a new client code base that is more fully open source, and so on. Some of that has been down through the F@h Discord channel, I have not been following progress there.

As for just shaving off some code, the certificate pages are generated on the fly by a database query. Someone would have to dig into that code, figure out why the link is created with the extra elements, test the changes, and then publish. There is an open ticket on this, eventually it should get done, but it does not fall into the category of "urgent".

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3