"Resetting a work unit"

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Macamatic

"Resetting a work unit"

Post by Macamatic »

I'm trying to do a bit of benchmarking and see how different configs of my machine affect the client's speed.

Is there any way to 'reset' or 'delete work done' and preserve the data unit? I've already turned off the 'clock checking'... so now how do I delete the calculations AND preserve the initial work unit?

thx
Ren02

Re: "Resetting a work unit"

Post by Ren02 »

You could make a copy of the whole folder when a new WU has just started. Other than that I don't know. Maybe someone has a WU that keeps crashing and restarting. :wink:
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

IIRC, just delete the results file in the work folder.

Make a backup copy of the whole fah folder before trying it, in case I don't RC. ;)
bruce

Post by bruce »

Actually there are quite a few files in WORK which, if missing, will cause the WU to restart from zero. WURESULTS isn't one of them. If that file exists, you've finished the WU and the startup data has been deleted.

In most cases, you'll find a *.chk file and without it, it will restart.